Any way to use directscreen without being logged in?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
poohbear27

Any way to use directscreen without being logged in?

Post by poohbear27 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:28 am

Wondering if it's possible to use directscreen type imacros with a regular windows user login that isn't currently being logged in? I have the problem of the script taking over my entire computer, and also i can't have the mouse active because if it moves in certain places it will mess up my script.

With other imacros (not directscreen) the scripts will run fine whether or not the screen is active. However, if I close out a remote session while a direct screen script is running it will mess up - presumably because of the mouse cursor not being where it should. Is there any utility or any way to fix this problem?
MattBell7

Re: Any way to use directscreen without being logged in?

Post by MattBell7 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 pm

could it possibly be related to the section here under 'Keep the Windows desktop active'
http://wiki.imacros.net/How_to_avoid_black_screenshots
poohbear27

Post by poohbear27 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm

MattBell7 wrote:could it possibly be related to the section here under 'Keep the Windows desktop active'
http://wiki.imacros.net/How_to_avoid_black_screenshots
Thanks Matt! Interesting information there. After a cursory glance, I wonder if it's possible though to work around this problem and have multiple imacros direct screen scripts running on the same computer? I didn't make it clear in the OP, but that's really what I also want.
poohbear27

Post by poohbear27 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I did test with the ultravnc method and my windows 7 64 machine. Still, directscreen does not seem to function unless I'm actually logged in at the console or via a rd session with the entire window maximized and the mouse placed somewhere off the imacros browser panel. very limited :(

I'm wondering about using vmware, but I'm not familiar with that software.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 am

Hello poohbear27,

In general, all web browsers (iMacros Browser, IE, Firefox...) and the plugins they use (Flash, PDF, Silverlight,...) are not designed to run in non-interactive mode. They are only tested to work correctly under an interactive user session.

That is why we recommend the following configuration for running macros unattended:

How to run iMacros unattended

As far as whether or not it should be possible to run multiple DS macros concurrently under the same user session, I will have to investigate further.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support