Imacros for automaiting test on Siebel 8.0 GUI

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
claudio.campisi80

Imacros for automaiting test on Siebel 8.0 GUI

Post by claudio.campisi80 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi All,
I'm very new in IMacros. I found it very powerful but now i need to automate tests on Siebel 8 GUI.
I tried to switch beetwen all the record modes, but there are some Siebel UI controls that are unsensitive to mouse clicks.
Siebel is not a web application, but it is rather ma thick client.

Have you ever succeeded to properly record Siebel GUI navigation using imacros?
Tech Support

Re: Imacros for automaiting test on Siebel 8.0 GUI

Post by Tech Support » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 am

As long as the GUI is shown inside the web browser, iMacros can automate it. Are you testing the Siebel web client?
Jaffey

Post by Jaffey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:44 pm

I have done a number of imacros with Siebel successfully. I know what you mean about it being unresponsive. I found that through using a combination of html commands and click commands I could accomplsih what I needed.

In a nutshell, I use html mode for filling fields and selecting from drop downs and the click command mode for clicking on buttons or links. While html (automatic) mode would - eventually - work on buttons/links most of the time I observed GREAT speed increases by using the click method. If you are unfamiliar with the click method press the "Click Mode" button from the Record tab and select the DirectScreen option but turn off the Add Timing option or your macro will be filled with 100's of lines of stuff you likely don't need.
nursyabilazabidi

Post by nursyabilazabidi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:31 am

Hi all.

Does iMacro able to record the forwarding email option in Siebel?

Thanks.