How do I make a new macro?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Levvy

How do I make a new macro?

Post by Levvy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Dumb question but I dont know how to make a new macro without editing then deleting everything inside the old one.
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: How do I make a new macro?

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:23 am

Hi Levvy,

You can either create a new macro (.iim) file in the macros folder or rename the current macro you recorded and record a new one. We're now working on making this whole process a bit more intuitive!

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Levvy,

To further clarify what Daniel is saying, you can use the "Save Macro As..." button on the Record tab of the iMacros sidebar to save the currently selected macro as a different file.
Save Macro As.png
Save Macro As.png (16.34 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
It's a good idea to use this button after you have recorded a macro to save #Current as a different file, so that when #Current is overwritten during the next recording, you will not have lost your previous recording.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Snortles

Post by Snortles » Sun May 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Ok. I admit I am totally retarded at this. In my imacro when I have just the #current.iim file. I have a folder full of macros in text files. I've been just cutting and pasting the text into the current.iim and running it. But it seems I should be able to create new files and have a whole list of them in the folder so I could just click on them and run them. But call me stupid I can't for the life of me figure how to create a new files under the folder to store the macros.

If anyone knows the probably simple way to do this please reply here, or take pity on me and send me an email with a link to the info or instructions to markraven@verizon.net :?

Thank you gods of the macros.
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Mon May 14, 2012 11:39 am

Hi,

I know of 3 easy ways to create new macros :)

1. Open your macro folder (iMacros - Tools - Options - Paths - Folder Macros) and create .iim files there
2. Record a macro, rename #Current.iim to something you like and then during next recording another #Current.iim will be created
3. Right-click an existing macro and save it under a different name

Please let me know if it doesn't answer your question!

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support