ignore apostrophe as a comment

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dombrorj

ignore apostrophe as a comment

Post by dombrorj » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm

I have an imacro script that has an apostrophe in the text of the CONTENT field. I'd like the script to input the content, including the apostrophe, into the form. What is happening instead is the apostrophe in the text has created a comment in the remainder of the line. So for example...

What's<SP>my<SP>name

anything after What' is now a comment, and being ignored.

Is there a way to un-comment the comment?
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: ignore apostrophe as a comment

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Put the content into quotation marks:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7501723
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://www.amazon.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:site-search ATTR=ID:twotabsearchtextbox CONTENT="Here's an apostrophe' (two, actually)"
dombrorj

Post by dombrorj » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks! :D
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Hello dombrorj,

Are you using the built-in editor of iMacros for Firefox? If so, you should know that even though the syntax highlighting shows the text as a comment, only lines beginning with an apostrophe are ignored on playback. Your macro code would have worked just the way you had it, even without surrounding the content with quotation marks.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
dombrorj

Post by dombrorj » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:33 pm

Tom, iOpus wrote:Hello dombrorj,

Are you using the built-in editor of iMacros for Firefox? If so, you should know that even though the syntax highlighting shows the text as a comment, only lines beginning with an apostrophe are ignored on playback. Your macro code would have worked just the way you had it, even without surrounding the content with quotation marks.
Thanks Tom, come to think of it I don't think I actually tested the macro out. I was coding by hand using the built in editor. Thanks for letting me know!