How do I make a script that clicks buttons..[read full post]

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
AdamPwnz

How do I make a script that clicks buttons..[read full post]

Post by AdamPwnz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:23 pm

How do I creatre a script that can always click the same button text but with different ID?

here's a quick record of what i want the script to do:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=NAME:73157
BACK
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=NAME:36607
actual HTML code:

Code: Select all

<button role="button" class="start vm-playlist-edit-video yt-uix-tooltip yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-short yt-uix-tooltip" type="button" title="Modify this video's title, description, tags, etc." onclick=";return false;" name="70476" data-tooltip-text="Modify this video's title, description, tags, etc."><span class="yt-uix-button-content">Edit info</span></button>

as you can see the 'name' always changes numbers, but the buttons all say "Edit info" so what i'm trying to make the script do is to click the button then ill insert the stuff I want it to do then go back and click the next button and keep doing that. can anyone help please?
MattBell7

Re: How do I make a script that clicks buttons..[read full p

Post by MattBell7 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

change NAME:XXXXX to TXT:Edit<SP>Info
AdamPwnz

Post by AdamPwnz » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:30 pm

i tried that but it just keeps clicking the same button instead of moving onto the next after it's done with the first.
MattBell7

Post by MattBell7 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 pm

ok, so you have a page, with a list of buttons, and you want to click num 1, then back, then num 2, then back, then num 3??
AdamPwnz

Post by AdamPwnz » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 am

It goes to the first page clicks edit then clicks a button, saves and goes back to the list of pages and does that set until all the 'edit' buttons on that page have been clicked, then it goes to the next page and continues the process.

oh and I guess i forgot to mention, this is for youtube.com/my_videos those edit buttons, so if you have a youtube account and a few videos on it then you can try it out on their.