What are my deployment options?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jdbranham

What are my deployment options?

Post by jdbranham » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 pm

I am developing a LOB application in .NET but I want to avoid the separate installation of iMacros on the client.

Is there way to control IE on a desktop by deploying the iMacros assemblies with my application?

I know about the .NET component, but as far as I know it doesnt allow me to control an existing IE window.

Can anyone confirm this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: What are my deployment options?

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:20 am

Hi,

Indeed the iMacros Component does not control Internet Explorer itself. It is a web browser (although based in IE libraries) with iMacros engine built-in.

As for the iMacros installation, you can go to the customer area and download the iMacros install script. This is a fully commented Inno Setup script, where you can see what precise steps are done during iMacros installation. these steps you can reproduce in your own application install.

The install script in the customer area comes with all the assemblies necessary to run iMacros (unpacked), which you can deploy together with your application.

In case you have problems, please contact support and we will be glad to assist you.
Regards,

Marcia