Anyone else crashing on long loops?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sdtony

Post by sdtony » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:02 pm

Has anyone been able to fix the crashing when looping issue?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi,

Can you provide some examples of this crashing? Are you calling iMacros from a script or the command line? Do you have an error message?

Are you using the latest version of iMacros? This is available from our website:

http://www.iopus.com/download/

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
iggi

Post by iggi » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:08 am

I'm also facing problems with long loop. I've a simple macro that goes to a website which feeds keywords to be searched from a csv input file. To automate the process, I use window scheduler to run the macro. At the command line, there's a -loop to indicate the number of times to loop and a variable to indicate the starting point of the loop.

A "6" error message code is triggered each time -loop is set beyond 30,000. I'm using the Scripting edition. I noticed that the default max number of loops in imacro browser is 30,000. What could be the reason that I am unable to loop beyond 30,000 via window scheduler?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi,

When does this error appear? When you try to run it, or when it passes the 30,000 loop.

Does you get this error from the command line or only from windows task scheduler? I have tried running one of the demo macros in a 30,001 loop and it started out fine.

Daniel Kerr
iOpus Support
bugmachine

same problem here...

Post by bugmachine » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:48 am

I'm trying to do a loop with the following macros:

VERSION BUILD=4201203
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !LOOP 33000
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO

but I'm getting error saying:

Error: Invalid !LOOP value: 33000

Is there anyway to work around this? Please help.

I'm using Scripting Edition by the way.
YEAH
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:10 pm

Your question has been answered here: http://forum.iopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=2085

Please avoid posting identical questions several times.

Hannes