Assistance with reading Excel file to a web form

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Assistance with reading Excel file to a web form

by gchichester on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:09 am

I'm currently working with the trial version on a proof of concept script.
Here's what I've done so far.
First I logged in the web site I need to automate(requires CAPTCHA Code)
Then I did a manual recording, using dummy data to fill the form.
Modified code with a !DATASOURCE to read a .csv file, and !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
I tested iMacro script and all is working as expected

I discovered I needed some logic that wasen't available in iMacro
Using a sample scripts "Excel VBA Sample Code" from your website .
I made small changes to accommodate my data(only four columns) and added some user defined variables.
More about my data as I said, it is only four columns but could have up 5500 rows.
Column contain the following data Acct# - Dept# - Date- Units - Amount(There are no headings in the file)
Of the 5500 rows the account # could have up to 22 records(Rows) then it changes to next acct #
My problem is twofold,
1. Once I run my VBA code from within Excel, it does not return focus to the active web page with the form.
2. I need to pause the script at the end of the current acct# to visually verify data before submitting it, and continue reading the file until end of next acct#. I'm sure you get the picture.
My thought was to use an IF statement in my VBA code to check for changes in the account#.
I just can't find a command to make the web form the active window while reading the excel file.
Reviewing attached file might help.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions
Gil
Attachments
PCINewMacro.zip
(688 Bytes) Downloaded 101 times
gchichester

Return to General Support & Discussions