Help! How to replay a loop if it fails?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
globalcommunity

Help! How to replay a loop if it fails?

Post by globalcommunity » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Hello :cry: ,
I have set 100 loops with different information to extract form excell, but now and then some loops fail & automatically stop the whole 100 loops process! Is there a way to make imacros replay the loop if it stops at a certain line ?
This way all 100 loops would succeed, but if lets say loop 2 fails, then the remaining 98 loops wont even play! Anyone who could help me please?

Thanks in advance!
Shital, Tech Support

Re: Help! How to replay a loop if it fails?

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:27 am

Hello,

In this case, it would be advisable to make use of Vbscript along with iMacros. You can use the "On Error Resume Next" statement in the loop and proceed. Hope this helps !!

Regards,
Shital
globalcommunity

Post by globalcommunity » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Thank you for the help! Can I ask you if the vbs script feature is included in the firefox addon? Because my script does not run on imacros browser since it does not even recognize event types, for example:
Firefox can work with this:

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#FirstName" BUTTON=0
But Imacros browser does not even recognize it! Ive tried the code generator on imacros browser & I can see vbs. I suppose you mean that I have to change the code there somehow. But is that possible with firefox?

Thanks in advance!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:09 am

If I remember correctly, some .VBS Scripts used to be installed in the Demo-Scripts with the iMacros Add-on for Firefox in previous Versions (I don't see them anymore in my current Install with the iMacros FF Add-on v8.60, only .iim and .js Scripts...) and I think I tried to run them and it was OK...

Then you can call your .iim Macro from that .VBS Script... (Just like using a .js Script...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...