Web form fill. Using different CSV each time

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jspinelli

Web form fill. Using different CSV each time

Post by Jspinelli » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Hello
This is my first time on there so go easy. I scanned the topics and did a search on this but i am not finding the answer. here is my scenario.

I get data from my web based software that drop into a CSV. The fields and the places on the CSV are the same each time but the data in the cells is always different. I created my first macro and it recorded each time i went to a cell in Excel on the CSV, copied the contents of that cell and pasted it into the web form. It all works great, except, it takes the data that was in the original CSV and inputs that into the fields on the web form. The next time I use the macro, i have all new data in the CSV but the macro is filling the web based form out with the original CSV files data, not the data from the current CSV. When i made the file, i specifically used the mouse to do cut and paste thinking that when the macro runs, it will cut and paste. instead, it wrote the contents of the data field form the original CSV file into the actual macro and that is whats getting filled out on the web form.

When I am creating a macro, how to make sure its telling itself to copy whatever the contacts of that field will be, not whats actually in the field on this specific csv file? Its my first macro with Imacros and it ran very fast but I can't use it. Help. I will keep looking on the internet for this but I am sure its been asked by many others. I must be using the wrong words to search by. Thanks in advance.
Shital, Tech Support

Re: Web form fill. Using different CSV each time

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Hi,

You need to make use of the iMacros scripting interface in order to solve your problem. Please read the http://wiki.imacros.net/Web_Scripting for more details. You can also find some sample code in the Wiki. for example - http://wiki.imacros.net/File-2-Web.vbs might be helpful for you.

Regards,
Shital,iMacros Support
Jspinelli

Re: Web form fill. Using different CSV each time

Post by Jspinelli » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:45 am

I will look at both of those. Thanks very much