Autostart on page load by URI

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Romamo

Autostart on page load by URI

Post by Romamo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:04 am

How can I autostart iMacros script on page load with specified URI?

So I have login page to be automatically submitted.

I use Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks.
chivracq

Re: Autostart on page load by URI

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 pm

You can start a Macro by launching FF or CR with a specified Macro from a Batch File or from a Browser Shortcut. For FF, if FF is already open, it will open a new Tab at the far right of your Tabs to run your Macro or it will launch FF and your Macro if no Instance of FF is already opened.

If you start your Page from a Bookmark, you can save your Macro as a Bookmark (on FF, you even have an Option to make it Chrome compatible...) and start your Macro from that Bookmark (that will open your Page in the current Tab or in a new Tab) instead of from your original Bookmark. You can even set it as your Homepage.

If you start your Page "manually" by typing the URL or opening a Link from some other Page and you would like to have a specified Macro to start automatically, I don't think it's straightforwardly possible.
I had some ideas some time ago to try to achieve that with a combination of GreaseMonkey and iMacros but I didn't manage to find the motivation to find the time to explore that Path... If you dig in that direction and find a way, I hope you'll post your findings, I would be interested...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Thread is old enough. I'm sure. :shock:
chivracq wrote:If you start your Page "manually" by typing the URL or opening a Link from some other Page and you would like to have a specified Macro to start automatically, I don't think it's straightforwardly possible.
It's possible with Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, FF Addon redirector or in iMacros with Javascript (multiple loops). My old example (old/*_recaptcha_v2_interactive.js) in Javascript for JDownloader 2 has multiple loops with few explanation (only in german, sorry) but it's not perfect and not really for urls (case was RCv2 or not) but possible, only a begin as solution for other cases.
chivracq wrote:I had some ideas some time ago to try to achieve that with a combination of GreaseMonkey and iMacros but I didn't manage to find the motivation to find the time to explore that Path... If you dig in that direction and find a way, I hope you'll post your findings, I would be interested...
Already done after years. :lol:
See use imacros code in tampermonkey and call a iMacros-Script from greasemonkey
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:Thread is old enough. I'm sure. :shock:
chivracq wrote:If you start your Page "manually" by typing the URL or opening a Link from some other Page and you would like to have a specified Macro to start automatically, I don't think it's straightforwardly possible.
It's possible with Greasemonkey, Tampermonkey, FF Addon redirector or in iMacros with Javascript (multiple loops). My old example (old/*_recaptcha_v2_interactive.js) in Javascript for JDownloader 2 has multiple loops with few explanation (only in german, sorry) but it's not perfect and not really for urls (case was RCv2 or not) but possible, only a begin as solution for other cases.
chivracq wrote:I had some ideas some time ago to try to achieve that with a combination of GreaseMonkey and iMacros but I didn't manage to find the motivation to find the time to explore that Path... If you dig in that direction and find a way, I hope you'll post your findings, I would be interested...
Already done after years. :lol:
See use imacros code in tampermonkey and call a iMacros-Script from greasemonkey
First, 1 HUGE Spanking-Credit for @OP who didn't follow up on their Thread..., hum, they actually never bothered to check it back after they had posted... I'm "afraid" I will never understand/accept that "Attitude", I don't know if it's "Cultural" or "Education" or pure "Personality", but I don't really "get it"... Grrrr...! OK, zen-zen-zen...!, [Rant_MODE=OFF] :shock:

But OK...!, yeah Thread from 4 years ago, youpidoo...!, hum, and I was "nice" at that time still, not ranting (yet) about FCI, ah-ah...! I was still some kind of a "Newbie" on the Forum, I guess, ah-ah...! :wink:

Qt was quite Interesting actually, I would now 4 years later indeed come up ...
[Posting now - To be continued/edited - Got some Visit - In case stg crashes...!]

Ouf-ouf, OK, a few hours later, I knew I had this Post in some "Stand-by" State to finish a bit, but pff..., a bit difficult after some "social evening" and a few bottles of everything, pfff..., I need to think a bit "harder" now...!

But OK, @thecoderxx, yep I knew about "difficult", that's why I mention "not easy straightforward" + next Sentence about 'Greasemonkey', that I indeed never investigated further (mostly because @OP never followed up), but I had missed your Reply at that time indeed, I had some very 'important" DJ Happening then, and I guess many new Threads come to the Forum then, I honestly don't remember seeing your Reply, yeah, I would have put some Reply otherwise of course...!

But yep-yep, I would now have a few other "Creative" Solutions now, 4 years later... (I was a complete "Newbie" then, ah-ah...!, I guess I should review and edit ALL my Posts from 4 years ago..., they are probably all full of a lot of Bullshit..., even if hum..., I still trust myself a little bit, I actually regularly get 'impressed" by myself from some Crea-Sol I thought of 3 or 4 yr ago, and I 3 or 4 yr later regularly need 15 min, before I think, "shit-shit-shit, that Guy is crazy...!", and I see my own Name and I think, "oh shit...!, if I ever wrote that, I should at least be able to understand it a little bit...!", hum, to understand what I meant at that time, ah-ah...!) (Oops, poor Users then...!)

But OK, I had missed the Thread about 'Greasemonkey' in March 2016 at the time..., exactly at the time I had some "important" DJ-Gig I remember, and I guess when I checked the Forum again after, many new Threads must have been raised...
But hum, I will still give a Look myself, I still "need" the Functionality, though I "solved" it a bit differently... (I don't want to post "too much" my Sol as I use it in some Compet-Games, where I've been winning for the last 10 years, ah-ah...! )

=> But hum, I didn't completely understand the "It's possible ... in iMacros with Javascript (multiple loops).", the original Qt is about launching some URL for a Web-Site in the Browser, '.iim' or '.js' comes later, if ueberhaupt possible, Qt from OP wants to start some "iMacros" Macros upon loading some specific URL...
The other way around is easy to solve, like I said "I "solved" it a bit differently...", no Need for '.js' Script... (Well, I never use '.js' Scripts anyway and I always find a Sol, ah-ah...!)

Hum, still have a few "Creative" Ideas to share but @OP never bothered to follow up on their Thread, and hum, like I said, that's always a 'Show-killer' for me...
[Same with Relationships actually, I never go for 'One Night Stand'(s), even if like I always say: "Every Relationship always starts with a One Night Stand...!", yeah, you never know how "it" will fold up, ah-ah...!]
Hum, hopefully the 3 Dating-Sites where I am looking for the perfect "Soul-mate" [good luck with that anyway, ah-ah...!] wont be able able to locate this Post...
[Hum, complete Joke anyway...! I'm not on any Dating-Site, I tried it about 10 years ago, (semi-)complete bullshit-rip-off was my "Exp"... :shock: ]

OK, I'm not sure I "said" everything I wanted to say, I got several times Visit during the Evening, so I lost a bit track of the "original" Context.., I still had a Reply started but never posted..., OK, posting now, pfff, I'll check tomorrow if I didn't say anything I "regret", ah-ah...!, or missed any "Points" I wanted to react to or to mention... But I know the original Qt was Interesting..., I'm nearly surprised actually we didn't get more similar Threads on the Forum..., so Okay one 2014 and one 2016, Okay... :o

>>>

Oh...! and don't worry for me about any Language..., I speak "normal" (=completely fluent) German (I'm regularly taken for "Native", even if I only speak German 2x a year maybe since 10-12 years I think) just like quite a few other Languages, ah-ah...! 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:10 pm

chivracq wrote:But OK...!, yeah Thread from 4 years ago, youpidoo...!, hum, and I was "nice" at that time still, not ranting (yet) about FCI, ah-ah...! I was still some kind of a "Newbie" on the Forum, I guess, ah-ah...! :wink:
FCI is very helpful but not really required in most cases in my eyes.
chivracq wrote:Ouf-ouf, OK, a few hours later, I knew I had this Post in some "Stand-by" State to finish a bit, but pff..., a bit difficult after some "social evening" and a few bottles of everything, pfff..., I need to think a bit "harder" now...!
More training is required. :lol:
chivracq wrote:(mostly because @OP never followed up)
I know but it's not important for me. Because it's training with iMacros and Javascript for me.
I creating few examples with greasemonkey/tampermonkey, in javascript and one browser addon but not really for iMacros, only side effect. :wink:
chivracq wrote:..., but I had missed your Reply at that time indeed, I had some very 'important" DJ Happening then, and I guess many new Threads come to the Forum then, I honestly don't remember seeing your Reply, yeah, I would have put some Reply otherwise of course...!
Another thread with no answer without your ideas from you: https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php ... 631#p77631 :|
But first solution is already in the thread. 8)

Another thread for you. I think you have not forgot to answer it but FCI is online from the user, really! See https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php ... 447#p77447 :o
chivracq wrote:But yep-yep, I would now have a few other "Creative" Solutions now, 4 years later... (I was a complete "Newbie" then, ah-ah...!, I guess I should review and edit
Helpfully "Creative" Solutions for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey with iMacros? Biggest problem is the Browser and (addon) versions in my eyes and tests.
chivracq wrote:But hum, I will still give a Look myself, I still "need" the Functionality, though I "solved" it a bit differently...
Sounds good.
chivracq wrote:=> But hum, I didn't completely understand the "It's possible ... in iMacros with Javascript (multiple loops).", the original Qt is about launching some URL for a Web-Site in the Browser, '.iim' or '.js' comes later, if ueberhaupt possible, Qt from OP wants to start some "iMacros" Macros upon loading some specific URL...
You can use endless Loops in Javascript. Script never ending and the script can check all variables every few seconds. But I have enough memory (64 GB) in my tests. :lol:

My old example was for JDownloader 2 and multiple loops (with startup workaround) are enough but the way is identical with endless loops and other addon or software.
Solution is useless since months for me because download tool JDownloader 2 has native support for this case.
chivracq wrote:The other way around is easy to solve, like I said "I "solved" it a bit differently...", no Need for '.js' Script... (Well, I never use '.js' Scripts anyway and I always find a Sol, ah-ah...!)
All solutions and notes are good from you and very welcome.
chivracq wrote:Hum, still have a few "Creative" Ideas to share but @OP never bothered to follow up on their Thread, and hum, like I said, that's always a 'Show-killer' for me...
I understand it but it's helpful for other users like me. :cry:
chivracq wrote:I'm nearly surprised actually we didn't get more similar Threads on the Forum..., so Okay one 2014 and one 2016, Okay... :o
Make then your FCI message with a short link to this thread. :wink:
chivracq wrote:Oh...! and don't worry for me about any Language..., I speak "normal" (=completely fluent) German (I'm regularly taken for "Native", even if I only speak German 2x a year maybe since 10-12 years I think) just like quite a few other Languages, ah-ah...! 8)
Ah good.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea: