onwebpagedialog with macro paramater problem in IE

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ptempo

onwebpagedialog with macro paramater problem in IE

Post by ptempo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:11 pm

I am running version 10022823 of iMacros with IE 10.0.9200.17028 under Windows 8.

The issue I have is that when I specify a macro with ONWEBPAGEDIALOG MACRO=filename, the specified macro is never executed. It does work with the included iMacros browser however, but I need to use IE for my actual application.

I was able to recreate this problem using the Demo-pages.

I have two files, Test calls Test2 when the dialog is opened.

File 1: Test.iim

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v6/dialogs/html/   
'ONWEBPAGEDIALOG KEYS={wait<SP>2}{down<SP>2}{tab<SP>1}{wait<SP>4}{enter}     
ONWEBPAGEDIALOG MACRO=Test2.iim
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=VALUE:Launch<SP>Modal<SP>Window
WAIT SECONDS=5
File 2: Test2.iim

Code: Select all

WAIT SECONDS=2

'TAG POS=1 TYPE=HTML ATTR=* EXTRACT=HTM
'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=MyWebPageDialog.htm

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=NAME:menu CONTENT=%http://www.iopus.com/imacros/demo/v4/flash/

WAIT SECONDS=2

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=VALUE:Load
As I mentioned, this works in the iMacros browser, but the second macro is never loaded in IE. I tried specifying the full path to the macro, but it still only works with the iMacros browser. I would be very grateful for any help solving this issue!

The reason I am using the "macro" parameter instead of "keys" with ONWEBPAGEDIALOG is because the key sequence requires a spacebar click, which does not seem to be supported (there is no {space}, and <SP> does not work). A solution to that problem would also work.

Thank you for your time!