SAVEAS MHT saves different versions of Web Pages

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Post Reply
gskene
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:28 pm

SAVEAS MHT saves different versions of Web Pages

Post by gskene » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 pm

I have a situation where the MHT file saved via SAVEAS TYPE=MHT is different from the actual web page displayed in the browser.

Background: Ebay has started adding a large and annoying 'More chances to get what you want' section at the top of completed ebay listings. This does not happen all of the time - displaying the same completed item sometime has the annoying section, sometimes it does not. I have created a macro to save completed listings to different directories depending on whether the annoying section is present or not.

The problem: After determining that a web page does not contain the annoying section, I save it via SAVEAS TYPE=MHT in a folder called ALLOK. However, when I open the MHT file in a browser, it can contain the annoying section. The reverse is true as well. After determining that a web page does contain the annoying section, I save it via SAVEAS TYPE=MHT in a folder called ANNOYING. However, when I open the MHT file in a browser, the annoying section can be missing.

Any insight as to what is happening here?

Does iMacros reload pages when processing a SAVEAS command?

Could JavaScript (or other dynamic HTML generation process) be generating the annoying section at random on the fly? The section seems to be hard coded in some pages and not in others when viewed with View Source, but there may have been some scripting done before View Source.

...glenn

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.18449
Internet Explorer version 10.0.9200.17028
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x86) version 10.0.2.2823
------------------------------------------------------------
Mozilla Firefox version 30.0 (en-US)
------------------------------------------------------------
Auxiliary Libraries:
iMacros Direct Screen (iimds) 10.0.1.13
iimir (iimir) 6, 3, 0, 1
iMacros Image Recognition (iimIRm) 2.0.1.32
iMacros Dialog Manager (imsys) 10.0.1.0
------------------------------------------------------------
Scripting Interface Libraries:
iMacros IE Scripting Connector (iimConnector) 10.0.1.116
iMacros FX Connector (iimFirefoxConnector) 2.0.1.12
iMacros Scripting Interface (iimInterface) 10.0.1.116
iMacros FX&Cr Scripting (imtcp) 2.0.1.12
------------------------------------------------------------
User Settings:
Split = ad
FolderLogs = C:\Users\Glenn\SkyDrive\iMacros\Logs
FolderDownloads = C:\Users\Glenn\SkyDrive\iMacros\Downloads
NewWindowBehavior = Tabs
InterfaceType =
FolderDataSources = C:\Users\Glenn\SkyDrive\iMacros\DataSources
FolderMacros = C:\Users\Glenn\SkyDrive\iMacros\Macros
LicenseKey =
Post Reply