Extract Value from File into javascript

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
siditious

Extract Value from File into javascript

Post by siditious » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi, I'm trying to autoincrement a value kept in a csv file. I am able to parse the file into the javascript fine, but it is passed as a string and not a numerical value so when I try to autoincrement it just appends 1 instead of actually performing math. Is there some way around this?
chivracq

Re: Extract Value from File into javascript

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:10 pm

siditious wrote:Hi, I'm trying to autoincrement a value kept in a csv file. I am able to parse the file into the javascript fine, but it is passed as a string and not a numerical value so when I try to autoincrement it just appends 1 instead of actually performing math. Is there some way around this?
You never followed up on any on your previous Threads although already asked (several times), same thing with reading the Forum Rules and mentioning some Required Info, don't expect some Answer from me... You need to improve a bit your (selfish) Use/Misuse of the Forum, I would think... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
siditious

Post by siditious » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:09 pm

Wow that's a nice answer, considering this is my fifth post on the site and I've been a member since 2012. You could have simply just said you don't know the answer instead of being a complete ass about it.
siditious

Post by siditious » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Also, this is the first time I've asked this question. As far as the other issue goes which were all on different instances of Imacros, they were never solved, I simply came up with a workaround, which is clearly what I will have to do again here since clearly the Imacros community is so helpful (and then you wonder why I never come back)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:35 pm

siditious wrote:Wow that's a nice answer, considering this is my fifth post on the site and I've been a member since 2012. You could have simply just said you don't know the answer instead of being a complete ass about it.
Yep, and...? Registered on the Forum 3 years ago and you still behave like a 14 year old Script-Kiddie, I've already reacted to some previous Threads of yours, you've never bothered to answer any Question, thanking other Users or even TechSupport for Answers is obviously too much asking for you... And don't worry, I wouldn't react like that if I didn't know the Answer to your Question... (Heuh, need to read it again...! Oh ja, basic-basic, pfff, any (decent) Newbie discovering iMacros 2 hours ago can come up with a Solution...!)
siditious wrote:Also, this is the first time I've asked this question. As far as the other issue goes which were all on different instances of Imacros, they were never solved, I simply came up with a workaround, which is clearly what I will have to do again here since clearly the Imacros community is so helpful (and then you wonder why I never come back)
Yep, never solved in your Perception, because you never followed-up on any of them... You need to learn how to use a Forum..., it's Users helping Users... If you managed to solved your Questions, you need to post your Solutions..., otherwise you lose Credits for other Advanced Users willing to help you if you never follow-up on any of your Threads... And then the first time that you follow-up on a Thread is in this one where you are confronted with your attitude, and your reaction is to go straight treating sbd who already tried to help you in the past a "complete ass"... Good luck with other People willing to answer your Questions, I would say... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
siditious

Post by siditious » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah dude, I went through and looked at your recent posts, I'm sorry you have no social life and must resort to trolling on this forum and confronting people. it's a rather pathetic existence you have. You don't know the answer to my question, which was stated very clearly, so now all you can do is act like an ass to make it look like the reason you aren't admitting your ignorance is because I didn't post a thank you on unresolved problems. Good job dude, grow up and maybe get a life (because apparently having one makes me too good for this forum) LOL :!:
siditious

Post by siditious » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Like I was saying, the support here clearly would rather offer insults than advice to such a simple solution. But I would be happy to prove you wrong, and provide the answer. You use the javascript ******** function. Your welcome for answering my own question, all I had to do was endure some unwarranted harassment. I will never return to this forum again thank you very much.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:30 am

siditious wrote:Yeah dude, I went through and looked at your recent posts, I'm sorry you have no social life and must resort to trolling on this forum and confronting people. it's a rather pathetic existence you have. You don't know the answer to my question, which was stated very clearly, so now all you can do is act like an ass to make it look like the reason you aren't admitting your ignorance is because I didn't post a thank you on unresolved problems. Good job dude, grow up and maybe get a life (because apparently having one makes me too good for this forum) LOL :!:
"... I went through and looked at your recent posts..."
=> Hum, lucky you, do it again and you'll find the Answer to your Question as sbd else(?) just asked the same Question (by coincidence?)... :roll:

Oh, never mind...:
- Re: Converting Extracted String to Value Imacros