Simple Question (I Hope)

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ZmanZoo

Simple Question (I Hope)

Post by ZmanZoo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:13 pm

so if I was on a machine with
Windows 7 x86 with
Firefox 36.0.4 and imacros addon 8.x.x.x.x.x.x.x :)

would I be able to make a script that will just wait for some text to appear on the screen and then play another macro?

as an example http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mithril_Ore
and if the words Salvaged from appear on that page trigger another macro or action, but it needs to stay 'alive' and never stop waiting for those words to appear. not just fire once and close.

a link or nice explanation of the syntax would be great cause I'm clueless or overthinking this.
chivracq

Re: Simple Question (I Hope)

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:38 pm

ZmanZoo wrote:so if I was on a machine with
Windows 7 x86 with
Firefox 36.0.4 and imacros addon 8.x.x.x.x.x.x.x :)

would I be able to make a script that will just wait for some text to appear on the screen and then play another macro?

as an example http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mithril_Ore
and if the words Salvaged from appear on that page trigger another macro or action, but it needs to stay 'alive' and never stop waiting for those words to appear. not just fire once and close.

a link or nice explanation of the syntax would be great cause I'm clueless or overthinking this.
Give a normal descriptive Thread Title if you want me to read your Question... And I want the exact iMacros Version...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ZmanZoo

Post by ZmanZoo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:03 am

please refrain from trolling this board, im not sure how come you haven't been banned yet but I'm sure the devs of iMacros don't want this type of bad behavior connected to their product.

in the future please don't answer any threads from me, even if you know the answer.

so if anyone else has some clues to what I am asking please feel free to comment :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:32 am

ZmanZoo wrote:please refrain from trolling this board, im not sure how come you haven't been banned yet but I'm sure the devs of iMacros don't want this type of bad behavior connected to their product.

in the future please don't answer any threads from me, even if you know the answer.

so if anyone else has some clues to what I am asking please feel free to comment :)
OK, fair enough... You may want to read this Post (and the beginning of the Thread) if you want to understand a bit:
- Re: command not working with Imacros Browser v10.3.27

Your current Question has already been asked and answered several times and I'm surprised you didn't find the Answer by searching the Forum...
But following your Logic, I guess you must have searched on "Simple Question", and then yep, no wonder...! :roll: But if you search on "Conditional WAIT", tja, what a Miracle...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...