Gmail/Youtube detects when using IMACROS

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jayonlinemethod

Gmail/Youtube detects when using IMACROS

Post by jayonlinemethod » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi, I just noticed today, just today, I'm automating the login process for Youtube, 100% of the time my accounts will be asked for a "CITY which you frequently login" or ask you to re-verify the account with new phone number.

I'm using dedicated Proxy to login to YouTube with imacros, However it doesn't seem to work now.

I tried the script manually and copy what the imacros doing, I put the proxy, login youtube and input username and password and its working 100% of the time!! I'm not getting the re-verification thing, however when I use Imacros, they will ask the reverification thing 100% of the time.

So my question, is this possible? for youtube/gmail to detect that I'm using imacros to automate the login???

if yes, can you offer suggestions or solutions on how to avoid this?

note: I'm using dedicated proxy, Clear command, pauses between actions. Using Firefox browser latest version.

Thank you,
Jay
chivracq

Re: Gmail/Youtube detects when using IMACROS

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 pm

jayonlinemethod wrote:Hi, I just noticed today, just today, I'm automating the login process for Youtube, 100% of the time my accounts will be asked for a "CITY which you frequently login" or ask you to re-verify the account with new phone number.

I'm using dedicated Proxy to login to YouTube with imacros, However it doesn't seem to work now.

I tried the script manually and copy what the imacros doing, I put the proxy, login youtube and input username and password and its working 100% of the time!! I'm not getting the re-verification thing, however when I use Imacros, they will ask the reverification thing 100% of the time.

So my question, is this possible? for youtube/gmail to detect that I'm using imacros to automate the login???

note: I'm using dedicated proxy, Clear command, pauses between actions. Using Firefox browser latest version.

Thank you,
Jay
FCIM...! :mrgreen:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jayonlinemethod

Post by jayonlinemethod » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:44 pm

chivracq wrote:
jayonlinemethod wrote:Hi, I just noticed today, just today, I'm automating the login process for Youtube, 100% of the time my accounts will be asked for a "CITY which you frequently login" or ask you to re-verify the account with new phone number.

Thank you,
Jay
FCIM...! :mrgreen:

FF39 + v8.9.2.1 + windows server 2012

Also to add, I got another problem it seems SET !ERRORIGNORE is not working.

I'm getting this error and my script is stopping...

TypeError: frm is undefined, line 66 (Error code: -991)

I tried adding,
try{
}
catch(err){}

But I got another problem which is,

http://gyazo.com/84a3d86d9b8dbd89f4a50eefad632eb4

it's weird cuz I only got up to 150 lines.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:55 pm

jayonlinemethod wrote:FF39 + v8.9.2.1 + windows server 2012

Also to add, I got another problem it seems SET !ERRORIGNORE is not working.

I'm getting this error and my script is stopping...

TypeError: frm is undefined, line 66 (Error code: -991)

I tried adding,

Code: Select all

try{
}
catch(err){}
But I got another problem which is,

http://gyazo.com/84a3d86d9b8dbd89f4a50eefad632eb4

it's weird cuz I only got up to 150 lines.
OK, we finally have your FCI..., then I can give my Feedback...

For your last 3 Errors, pfff, post your Script, there is nothing we can tell you about those Errors if you don't post your Script... :idea:

About your Question if Gmail and YouTube can detect that you are using iMacros, I would think NOT, iMacros is using your Browser Default User Agent (even if it's possible to specify an iMacros UA, I recall from reading some Thread or Wiki Page), search the Wiki for "User Agent" and you have some Test Page where you can test your UA... Those Sites could still determine that you are using some Web-Automation Tool, iMacros for example, by analyzing your Click-Click-Typing Speed...

You mention using 'CLEAR' in your Script, that will call for Verification Steps from those Sites, you didn't mention if you cleared the Cookies as well before logging in manually...

I don't exactly understand what you mean with "a dedicated Proxy"..., do you always get the same IP-Address from that Proxy...? What does "dedicated Proxy" mean...?

And even if you get the "last City" Question, you can automatically detect it in your Script and fill it automatically...

But post your Script for some more educated Help (from reading it, I won't run it, at least not with the 'CLEAR' Command, I rely on existing Cookies for some Sites and I'm not clearing all my Cookies every time sbd has a Pb with some specific Site, forcing me to spend half a day re-entering Password and Security Codes sent to me by SMS...), but I might have a clearer idea of what you are doing and what the Pb might be...

And for your 3rd Error, about 155>150 (Line), once you get the RuntimeError, you can click below on the small 'Edit Macro' Icon/Button (left) below the RuntimeError that will take you directly to the faulty Line of Code...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Highxd

Post by Highxd » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Its not youtube or imacros

Its your proxy
The location of your proxy is different to the location where the acc usually signs in from that's why you a prompted with verification
ZmanZoo

Post by ZmanZoo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:14 am

there has been and is a bug or glitch with FF 38-39 and imacros that somehow affects a URL GOTO command
does that error pop up?
abassihedi

Post by abassihedi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Blackwaleed is a free proxy site, enabling you to bypass internet restrictions imposed by censorship and unblock access the whole internet anonymously and securely.
abassihedi

Post by abassihedi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:52 pm

Blackwaleed is a free proxy site, enabling you to bypass internet restrictions imposed by censorship and unblock access the whole internet anonymously and securely.
abassihedi

Post by abassihedi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:54 pm

good luck for the www.blackwaleed.com