Help looping macro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
JsinSK

Help looping macro

Post by JsinSK » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:47 am

Hello All,

I am trying to automate a process that is currently taking hours to do manually. I'm hoping to shorten it some how. I have a list of numbers that start off each round in a list in excel. The web application only runs in Firefox so it limits my ability to do this process with VBA. Can anyone help with a looping function that can pull from Excel, Notepad or other alternative?

The list would have the following information change for each time around.

LN2: CONTENT=12345678
LN3: TXT:AAA.12345678

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gvEntrySum_grdSingle_grdmultiSelect_ctl01_txtColumnValue1 CONTENT=12345678
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:AAA.12345678
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_txtCarrCd CONTENT=XX
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_txtFlghtNo CONTENT=111
[/b]TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:a2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gridBL_ctl02_rblSelect
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_txtMAWBNo CONTENT=123123123213
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_btnSetBOL
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_btnSave
IrishMacro

Re: Help looping macro

Post by IrishMacro » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:07 pm

SET !TIMEOUT 100
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !DATASOURCE Input.txt
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1

The above will pull from a column in a file. File location is in the Datasources folder

The value from the file is placed in {{!COL1}}
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7