Problems with second tab on the IE add-on

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Cynthia25

Problems with second tab on the IE add-on

Post by Cynthia25 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:29 am

Hello,

I am using the Internet Explorer add-on of iMacros. I am browsing on a website until the point where a new tab gets opened when I click on a button. From the moment that I click on this button, iMacros stops writing code. Do you know why this problem occurs? Does this version of iMacros not support multi tabs?
Thank you, have a good day
Cynthia25

Re: Problems with second tab on the IE add-on

Post by Cynthia25 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:06 am

Any suggestions about my previous post?
I am using iMacros 11 (64-bits), Windows 10 Pro (64 bits) and Internet Explorer 11.
To clarify my problem:
I run my code on the IE add-on. At some point I ask the code to open a second tab, which it does. And in this tab I ask the code to click on a CSV link that is supposed to open a third tab where the download occurs. The code stops working on the command to click on the CSV link.
Any suggestions as to why?
FYI, the same exact code works perfectly on the stand-alone version of iMacros
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Cynthia25 wrote:Hello,

I am using the Internet Explorer add-on of iMacros. I am browsing on a website until the point where a new tab gets opened when I click on a button. From the moment that I click on this button, iMacros stops writing code. Do you know why this problem occurs? Does this version of iMacros not support multi tabs?
Thank you, have a good day
Cynthia25 wrote:Any suggestions about my previous post?
I am using

Code: Select all

iMacros 11 (64-bits), Windows 10 Pro (64 bits) and Internet Explorer 11.
To clarify my problem:
I run my code on the IE add-on. At some point I ask the code to open a second tab, which it does. And in this tab I ask the code to click on a CSV link that is supposed to open a third tab where the download occurs. The code stops working on the command to click on the CSV link.
Any suggestions as to why?
FYI, the same exact code works perfectly on the stand-alone version of iMacros
Hum, it helps indeed if you mention your FCI, because "this version" is pretty vague if you don't even mention which Version...

Well, the Behaviour you describe is a bit difficult to investigate if you don't post your Script with the URL of the Site where it happens fr TechSupport to be able to try to reproduce but it sounds a bit similar to this Thread:
- iMacros Free Doesn't Recognize Additional Tabs in IE
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Cynthia25

Post by Cynthia25 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:35 am

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I think I finally know how to specify which version I am using:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits
Internet Explorer 11.0.10240.16431
iMacros for IE and stand-alone: 11.1.495.5175

The code that I am using below works perfectly in the stand-alone version but not with IE. With IE, when I open the second tab, nothing happens afterwards (It can't download the CSV file).The part in red is the part of the code that is not executed in the IE add-on:

VERSION BUILD=11.1.495.5175
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.2

URL GOTO=http://www.ims.gov.il/ims/all_tahazit/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:מאגרי<SP>נתונים
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:מאגר<SP>נתונים<SP>עשר<SP>דקתיים<SP>>>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][62] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][70] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][71] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][72] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][68] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][69] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][73] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL ATTR=TXT:מהירות<SP>רוח<SP>10<SP>דקתית<SP>מקסימלית(m/s)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:מהירות<SP>רוח<SP>10<SP>דקתית<SP>מקסימלית(m/s)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=NAME:ims_query[vars][vars_options][74] CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:המשך
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:ims_query[dates][from_date] CONTENT=dd/mm/yyyy
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=CLASS:ui-datepicker-year CONTENT=%2006
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=CLASS:ui-datepicker-year CONTENT=%2005
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:ims_query[dates][to_date] CONTENT=01/05/2005
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=CLASS:ui-datepicker-year CONTENT=%2006
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:op
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:tbsearchBox CONTENT=בש
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=NAME:ims_query[stations][right][available][] CONTENT=%58
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:בחר
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:המשך
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:op
'New tab opened
TAB T=2
ONSCRIPTERROR CONTINUE=YES
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=C:\Users\Cynthia\Documents\iMacros\Downloads\ FILE=IMS1 WAIT=YES
WAIT SECONDS=20
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:הורד<SP>כ-<SP>csv
'New tab opened
TAB T=3
WAIT SECONDS=10

Any suggestions to fix this problem?
J.M.

Post by J.M. » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:56 pm

I've been using version 6.9 for years and am finally switching over to 11.1. I've run into the same problem, but in the full stand-alone browser version when using v11.1. I do not use the add-on.

I click a button on a page that opens a second tab to enter information and click a search button, but once the second tab is opened, it doesn't work. My code is extremely similar and breaks at the same point - clicking search in TAB 2.

Version 6.9 still works fine with the same page (clicking the button in TAB 2 returns focus to TAB 1 where the search result is displayed), and after hours of researching and testing, I can't figure out why TAB 2 doesn't respond in v11.1.

Has anyone ever figured out a cause or fix for this problem?