Run Macro only on certain days of week on AlertFox

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
manotop

Run Macro only on certain days of week on AlertFox

Post by manotop » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 pm

I want to setup a Macro on AlertFox where it has option to run everyday of the week.

I want the macro to check if the day is monday or wednesday or friday if true then continue the Macro script otherwise stop the macro right there.

I haven't prepared any code for it please help me with this script.

I am using: Mac OS 10.11, FireFox iMacro 8.9.7, FireFox v48.02
Lightja

Re: Run Macro only on certain days of week on AlertFox

Post by Lightja » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:24 am

I don't use Alert Fox, so I'm not certain if this applies, but I imagine it does.

For scheduling iMacros in a similar fashion, I use Windows, and I use .bat files, which essentially are just command line commands saved in a text file, and then I use the Windows Task Scheduler to schedule those .bat files to be run at 1pm on Mon/Wed/Fri. You can schedule them to run whenever you want.

my basic imacros .bat file looks like this:

Code: Select all

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipswitch\iMacros" 
imacros.exe -macro MacroName
Now the macOS equivalent I'd think would be bash files, and I think the same code would work (with different file locations maybe). Then with a cursory google search it looks like the equivalent of the Windows Task Scheduler for Mac OS is Cron jobs, but Launchd and iCal are also valid options. I'd look into online tutorials, Cron is probably easiest.

Hopefully this is helpful.
Latest System Information:
iMacros 11.1
Windows 10 Enterprise
Firefox v48.0.2 - iMacros for Firefox v8.9.7
Chrome v53.0.2785.89 - iMacros for Chrome v8.4.4