I need your consultation for my project

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Khobaib

I need your consultation for my project

Post by Khobaib » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi IMACROSians :)

I am working on a project for dumping data from a site, but the problem is that the site requests solving a captcha picture for each try. My idea is downloading all captcha pictures using imacros then solving it or sending to any captcha solving site AND LINKING THE SOLUTION OF EACH CAPTHCA WITH THE EXACT SIZE OF OF ITS PICTURE IN BYTES and store it on a csv file since each captcha pic has a unique size as i think.
After that dumping will start with filling the fields until it reaches the captcha then it will extract the size and search for the solution in the csv file provided.
I've tried my best to clarify the idea. What am I asking for is:

Is that a possible way ?
Is it effective and fast way?
Is there an alternative way to do it?

I am running imacros plugin for firfox version 48.0.2 on windows 7
iimfun

Re: I need your consultation for my project

Post by iimfun » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:11 am

Hi congener,

One day I wrote a similar script in iMacros for Firefox. However it's useless in practical sense because captchas are not repeatable. So my answer is
don't waste time.png
don't waste time.png (7.09 KiB) Viewed 11479 times
and over again
don't waste time_2.png
don't waste time_2.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 11479 times
Khobaib

Post by Khobaib » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Thanks for your reply bro
I will take it into consideration
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Khobaib wrote:Hi IMACROSians :)

I am working on a project for dumping data from a site, but the problem is that the site requests solving a captcha picture for each try. My idea is downloading all captcha pictures using imacros then solving it or sending to any captcha solving site AND LINKING THE SOLUTION OF EACH CAPTHCA WITH THE EXACT SIZE OF OF ITS PICTURE IN BYTES and store it on a csv file since each captcha pic has a unique size as i think.
After that dumping will start with filling the fields until it reaches the captcha then it will extract the size and search for the solution in the csv file provided.
I've tried my best to clarify the idea. What am I asking for is:

Is that a possible way ?
Is it effective and fast way?
Is there an alternative way to do it?

I am running imacros plugin for firfox version 48.0.2 on windows 7
iimfun wrote:Hi congener,

One day I wrote a similar script in iMacros for Firefox. However it's useless in practical sense because captchas are not repeatable. So my answer is
don't waste time.png
and over again
don't waste time_2.png
Hum..., I quite liked the Approach by @OP actually even if I can think of few Caveats directly... which I can solve directly, but I refuse to elaborate as @OP didn't mention their FCI in this Thread nor in their previous Thread...
Sorry @OP but I only help Users using the Forum correctly and it is not your case (yet hopefully)... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:24 pm

It's captcha related! Okay a little old. :lol:
Khobaib wrote:Is that a possible way ?
Yes but useless. See the post from iimfun. :o
Khobaib wrote:Is it effective and fast way?
No.
Khobaib wrote:Is there an alternative way to do it?
Use OCR (Tesseract,ocrad). In pure JS with iMacros possible, maybe. :wink:
chivracq wrote:Hum..., I quite liked the Approach by @OP actually even if I can think of few Caveats directly... which I can solve directly, but I refuse to elaborate as @OP didn't mention their FCI in this Thread nor in their previous Thread...
Sorry @OP but I only help Users using the Forum correctly and it is not your case (yet hopefully)... :idea:
Url is gone in the previous thread and too old. I hope my answer is helpful in this thread for other users with a little knowledge in JS and OCR. :?
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:22 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:It's captcha related! Okay a little old. :lol:
Khobaib wrote:Is that a possible way ?
Yes but useless. See the post from iimfun. :o
Khobaib wrote:Is it effective and fast way?
No.
Hum, @OP didn't follow up, like in their previous Threads, I have the "feeling", ah-ah...

Hum, yep, it's about Captcha, grrr...! But..., I don't agree with you Guys, ah-ah...! :oops:
If @OP's Assumptions are correct, about a different File Size for each Image, and the Set is fixed/limited, then OK, a one time Effort needs to be done to solve all Captchas manually once, or with some (external) OCR Solution, but once the "Database" has been built, then it takes about 0.5 sec to check a full '.CSV' with 1000 Rows for any specific Content (and retrieve any related Content), like I had "demonstrated" in this Thread for example... (But there have been a few very similar other Threads on the Forum since that one as well..., like this one) and this one...)

And even if a few Images might have the exact same Size, it would probably be possible to use the Filename as well to add some "Difference", or to try filling in both Solutions, or to (conditionally) reload the Captcha, or to trigger some conditional Alert as a Sound, Pause or 'PROMPT'...

I use that Functionality myself in one of my Scripts where I check a Web-Page with about 2000 Images on the Page that I can identify with a "Name" and my Script takes an Action "directly" and only if that Name is unique... or I then get a 'PROMPT' with "all Info" displayed and I can choose "manually" what Action to do, if any..., Check and Process that I could even further automate in my Case if I wanted...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...