Will iMacros work on localhost?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
TheLongOne

Will iMacros work on localhost?

Post by TheLongOne » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:24 pm

Trying to use iMacros right now, it works great with any online website and such but not with the following:

I'm using TabulaPDF right now to extract data from PDFs. TabulaPDF opens a web browsing session on the local host machine at "127.0.0.1". The macro recorder does not record anything when I am navigating through TabulaPDF through the browser.

Any idea why? Anyone run into this problem before?
IrishMacro

Re: Will iMacros work on localhost?

Post by IrishMacro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:35 pm

I think your problem is rather that Imacros cannot read PDF
In general imacros looks at the page source form information but a PDF doesn't have page source
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
TheLongOne

Post by TheLongOne » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:46 pm

IrishMacro wrote:I think your problem is rather that Imacros cannot read PDF
In general imacros looks at the page source form information but a PDF doesn't have page source
I believe you are mistaking TabulaPDF as a PDF file. TabulaPDF is the name of the application that opens the browsing session, it is not a PDF itself. I'll attach a screenshot. I simply want to automate the navigation of this application (which opens up in a browser on local host "127.0.0.1").
tabula1.png
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:47 pm

TheLongOne wrote:Trying to use iMacros right now, it works great with any online website and such but not with the following:

I'm using TabulaPDF right now to extract data from PDFs. TabulaPDF opens a web browsing session on the local host machine at "127.0.0.1". The macro recorder does not record anything when I am navigating through TabulaPDF through the browser.

Any idea why? Anyone run into this problem before?
CIM...! :mrgreen:
TheLongOne wrote:
IrishMacro wrote:I think your problem is rather that Imacros cannot read PDF
I believe you are mistaking TabulaPDF as a PDF file. TabulaPDF is the name of the application that opens the browsing session, it is not a PDF itself. I'll attach a screenshot. I simply want to automate the navigation of this application (which opens up in a browser on local host "127.0.0.1").
tabula1.png
Yep, same first Reaction like IrishMacro but I didn't bother to react because of "CIM", read my Sig...

I installed this TabulaPDF (interesting) Tool and iMacros works directly perfectly with it for me, from some first quick Testing... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...