Automatically open imacros sidebar when opening IE

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zirjeo

Automatically open imacros sidebar when opening IE

Post by zirjeo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:11 pm

WIndows 10, IE11, VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403

As Subject suggests how can I make this happen? Can't seem to find any clear info about this, seems it should be simple.
IrishMacro

Re: Automatically open imacros sidebar when opening IE

Post by IrishMacro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:46 pm

I'm not sure, you would probably have to use some desktop macro tool to make this happen
Firefox free plugin, last version
Win7
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:57 am

zirjeo wrote:WIndows 10, IE11, VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403

As Subject suggests how can I make this happen? Can't seem to find any clear info about this, seems it should be simple.
IrishMacro wrote:I'm not sure, you would probably have to use some desktop macro tool to make this happen
Yeah, I didn't react to this Thread because I didn't have any real Answer/Solution, and it was maybe 1 year ago last time I did some Testing on IE on my previous Laptop (Win7-x64) which died a few months ago, even if hum, it's Winter now, it might want to start again, ah-ah...!, Ventilo/Cooler was dead and it was heating up too quickly and switching itself automatically during the Summer and I'm not even sure if I had v10 or already v11 installed, and I didn't bother to reinstall IE on my new Laptop (Win10-x64)... (And I don't know IE's (Internal) "Guts" that much anyway, like I know FF's, ah-ah...!)

But hum, @IrishMacro gave me an idea..., ah-ah...! 8)
Yep, possible...!, if you start IE from a Windows Shortcut (or a '.BAT' File) on your Desktop for example from which you launch as well automatically some mini-Macro triggering 'F8' with the 'EVENT' Mode which is now supported in iMacros for IE v11.
This Approach could be "problematic" on FF which remembers if the iMacros Side-Panel was open or not and will toggle it open/close but it should work on IE, I think, if IE always starts with iMacros deactivated...! 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:18 am

Figured I was over thinking this. Just went in and made a desktop shortcut for..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacros.Sidebar.exe"

It opens IE and the sidebar.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:30 am

zirjeo wrote:Figured I was over thinking this. Just went in and made a desktop shortcut for..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacros.Sidebar.exe"

It opens IE and the sidebar.
OK, so the mini-Macro with 'F8' is not even needed, and actually it is definitely not needed as it would close the iMacros Side-Panel again, ah-ah...! :cry:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...