[SOLVED] How to write a link address with a space

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
d2pren

[SOLVED] How to write a link address with a space

Post by d2pren » Sun May 14, 2017 1:42 pm

SOLVED
Last edited by d2pren on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: [ASK] How to write a link address with a space

Post by chivracq » Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 pm

d2pren wrote:For example, My PC have name "My Laptop" and then I have script imacros like this:

Code: Select all

SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\client\Documents\iMacros\Macros\
How to write a link address with a space? I means change "client" to "My Laptop".
Is it like this:

SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\My Laptop\Documents\iMacros\Macros\
(with space)

Or like this?

SET !DATASOURCE "C:\Users\My Laptop\Documents\iMacros\Macros\"
(quotation mark)

Or how?
Oh..., good...!, sorry I had to disapprove your original Thread in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum as it had nothing to do with looking for a Consultant, ah-ah...! (And it's a bit of a hassle to move one Thread from one Sub-Forum to another one, and upon checking your original Thread, which you probably wouldn't have located back, you would then probably have opened a Duplicate and deleting Duplicates is even more of a hassle, so I preferred to disapprove it... Your Responsibility to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread...!)
But you got my Msg obviously and reopened your Thread in the correct Sub-Forum, good...! :)

(F)CIM...! :mrgreen:
Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, many Commands are not implemented or behave differently for all Browsers/Versions or OS'es in your case, and I simply usually don't even read and certainly don't answer when FCI is not mentioned... with some Exceptions for 1st-time-Posters... :wink:

But hum..., the Answer to your Qt is extensively and completely answered and documented in the Wiki for the '!DATASOURCE' Command, together with Examples... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: [SOLVED] How to write a link address with a space

Post by chivracq » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Hum, OK, like I mentioned in some next Thread, 2 years later...:
d2pren wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:56 am
chivracq wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:57 pm
Oh...!, nice to see you back on the Forum... :D , but hum..., your previous Thread has been waiting for some Follow-up from your Side for about 2 years now... :shock:
Sorry but I only help Users using the Forum "a bit correctly", and that means: 'neat Follow-up' + 'sharing their Solution' + 'answering my Qt's when I ask you to mention your FCI'... (+ 'correct Sub-Forum' + 'descriptive Thread Title' but you do "that part" correctly... [...] :wink: )
Sorry, because I am newbie. I just edited it. Is it already correct?
d2pren wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 1:42 pm
SOLVED
Yeah, well, "newbie" is a "fake Excuse", ah-ah...! :twisted:

And no-no-no...!! Not "correct"...! :shock:

The "[SOLVED]" in the Thread Title will be OK, but completely mutilating/deleting your OP is not "using the Forum a bit correctly"...!
This renders this Thread completely useless for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Qt/Case and looking for a Solution...! :shock:
(And deleting your OP is a bit pointless anyway as I had quoted it in my first Reply..., Reason why I systematically quote btw...! 8) )

I said "sharing their Solution", not "deleting their OP/Thread"...! :roll:
=> Share your Solution... (in some new Post), and restore your OP with your original Qt... 8)
This way, you have a Thread with a Qt, and a Solution, and this makes this Thread useful for other Users... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...