Shortcuts to executes imacro scripts

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sqlcode

Shortcuts to executes imacro scripts

Post by sqlcode » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:19 pm

I am on Win 7 Enterprise and iMacros V 11.5 Enterprise Edition.

Is there any way to assign shortcuts or function keys to execute macros?
chivracq

Re: Shortcuts to executes imacro scripts

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:38 pm

sqlcode wrote:I am on

Code: Select all

Win 7 Enterprise and iMacros V 11.5 Enterprise Edition. 
Is there any way to assign shortcuts or function keys to execute macros?
Not completely sure about iMB (v11.5) but for FF that I know better, if you convert your ('.iim') Macros to Bookmarklets, you can then assign Shortcuts to them, see for example the following Article which describes several Solutions for which a few should work with any Browser, using AHK, Desktop Shortcuts, some external Add-ons, or even a Startpage (not mentioned).
- Creating Hotkeys in Firefox for bookmarks (bookmarklets)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sqlcode

Post by sqlcode » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Thank you. I like the AHK approach and will try that. Meanwhile, i also learnt that i can use windows batch file to invoke iMacro. I am testing that and it works fine but it opens url in iMacro browser. I want to open url in IE. FireFox or Chrome is not an option.

Any work around for this?

iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.5.498.2403
iMacros Enterprise Edition
IE 11.0.96
Windows 17 Enterprise (64 bit OS).
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:03 am

sqlcode wrote:Thank you. I like the AHK approach and will try that. Meanwhile, i also learnt that i can use windows batch file to invoke iMacro. I am testing that and it works fine but it opens url in iMacro browser. I want to open url in IE. FireFox or Chrome is not an option.

Any work around for this?

Code: Select all

iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.5.498.2403
 iMacros Enterprise Edition
IE 11.0.96
Windows 17 Enterprise (64 bit OS).
Yep, '.BAT' File is actually more or less the same like "Desktop Shortcut" that I had mentioned earlier, same Technique...

Tja...!, can't react on your "... but it opens url in iMacro browser. I want to open url in IE. FireFox or Chrome is not an option." if you don't post the Content of your '.BAT' File, ah-ah...! :roll: Of course you can open/start any Browser you want from s Shortcut/'.BAT' File, ah-ah...! :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...