Naming of downloads does not work in internet explorer

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
oranjeboom

Naming of downloads does not work in internet explorer

Post by oranjeboom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:07 am

Hi All,

I've searched google and the forums on here to no avail. I see some others have also similar issues with naming of downloads (e.g. there's a poster on here: http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11586).

I've been using Imacros for Firefox, but this particular site (can't name) works better in Internet Explorer (v 11). The particular site will just randomly name the downloaded files. In Firefox, the following code worked fine:

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+{{!NOW:yymmdd}}FILENAME_1 WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:PRODUCT_1*

Using Imacros in IE, the file will download, but it will just randomly name the file which I don't want. How do I tweak the code so that each download is a particular named file.

TIA!

OB