Using scripting interface

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dance4me

Using scripting interface

Post by dance4me » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just posted a new thread but for some reason, it does not appear on the forum...

I'm using Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Build officiel) (64 bits) on Windows 10 in french and using 8.4.4 build of iMacros.

My question is simple : I'm currently using a free version of iMacros. Can I use the scripting interface without paying or is it mandatory to upgrade for that? (I would like to insert my macros into some Javascript code and I don't find a solution)...

Thanks by advance for your help. Best regards!
chivracq

Re: Using scripting interface

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm

dance4me wrote:Scripting Interface
Posted by dance4me on 25 Sep 2017, 16:35

Hello word, this is my first message here and I would need some help!

First of all, I'm currently using

Code: Select all

8.4.4 version on Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (64 bits) and on WIndows 10 in FRENCH.
My question is really simple : Do I need to pay to get access to the scripting interface on Chrome (in order to use some javascript). I'm using the free version and don't find this scripting interface tool...

Thank you very much by advance. Best regards.
dance4me wrote:Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just posted a new thread but for some reason, it does not appear on the forum...

I'm using

Code: Select all

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Build officiel) (64 bits) on Windows 10 in french and using 8.4.4 build of iMacros.
My question is simple : I'm currently using a free version of iMacros. Can I use the scripting interface without paying or is it mandatory to upgrade for that? (I would like to insert my macros into some Javascript code and I don't find a solution)...

Thanks by advance for your help. Best regards!
Yep, normal..., first time Posters on the Forum need to get their Post/Thread approved by a Moderator... (in order to prevent Spam and Duplicates, en to try to enforce a bit Users selecting the correct Sub-Forum...)

But yep, the Scripting Interface is only part of the (paid) Enterprise Edition...
But if you can use Firefox instead of Chrome, '.js' Scripts can run natively in FF with the Free iMacros for FF Add-on which doesn't require the Scripting Interface... :idea:

And depending on what "JavaScript Code you want to include in your Macros", you may want to have a look at the following Thread which explains a bit how to include some Conditional Logic into '.iim' Scripts... (I don't use any '.js' Scripts myself and do all my Coding in pure '.iim'...):
- Workarounds for Conditional Logic in Macro Code :idea:
And you'll find many Code Examples and Workarounds if you search the Forum on my Posts with "Conditional" + "Behaviour" (I never use the US Spelling for this Term) / "Logic" / "WAIT" / "Sound" / "REFRESH" / "Close" / etc... as the Search Keywords... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
dance4me

Post by dance4me » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I will have a close look to this! :-) it might interest me if I can find any solution for double looping and putting some conditions into my .iim! :-))
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 am

dance4me wrote:Thank you very much for your help. I will have a close look to this! :-) it might interest me if I can find any solution for double looping and putting some conditions into my .iim! :-))
"it might interest me if I can find any solution for double looping and putting some conditions into my .iim!"
=> Yeah, but too vague, I cannot really react... (But yep, it's possible...!, I only use pure '.iim' Scripts and my Scripts probably do "Things" you've never thought of, oops...!)
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:27 am

dance4me wrote:I would like to insert my macros into some Javascript code and I don't find a solution
Here is a tip for you
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 954#p70125

So, if you know JavaScript a little, you can embed some scripting inside an html code like I did.
dance4me

Post by dance4me » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks to both of you. Anyway, if i finally made my mind to buy a license, do you know which iMacro offer the scripting interface is sold with? It seems a bit confusing to me.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm

iimfun wrote:
dance4me wrote:I would like to insert my macros into some Javascript code and I don't find a solution
Here is a tip for you
http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 954#p70125

So, if you know JavaScript a little, you can embed some scripting inside an html code like I did.
Oh...!, I wasn't sure I understood what "I would like to insert my macros into some Javascript code..." meant exactly, I thought @OP wanted to use '.js' Scripts with on-the-fly Macros like with iMacros for FF, and especially with talking about the "Scripting Interface"...
dance4me wrote:Thanks to both of you. Anyway, if i finally made my mind to buy a license, do you know which iMacro offer the scripting interface is sold with? It seems a bit confusing to me.
Well, you have a Chart Comparison on this Wiki Page...
The Scripting Interface is mentioned in the 'Automation & Testing' Section...

+ More Info on this other Page:
- Control via the Scripting Interface
Oh...!, I notice a funny Typo btw on that Page, I guess "Phyton" = "Python"...!