Question regarding Proxy setting in imacro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
green.pine

Question regarding Proxy setting in imacro

Post by green.pine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 pm

Code: Select all

Imacros v8.9.7,
FF ver 55.0.3, 32 bit,
Win 7, 32 bit
I run the following macro, to change ip address pulled from a csv file,
it does change the ip address,
I wait and I reload the page for checking ip again, and I notice the ip address has been changed back to my isp again,
I check the setting in my FF ( Option/Advaced/Network/Settings...) and I don't see any ip address there.
and sometime when run the macro it does not work at all.

any logical reason for this?
I have check the wiki site but could not find anything regarding this issue.
the strange thing is I installed a FF add on called Proxy Tool prior to find this macro, on this add-on you give it a list of proxies and it does change the ip when new window/tab opens, it did work once, then it did not work at all.
so I wonder if these 2 things regarding proxy needs some change of setting somewhere. :roll:

appreciate your help

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !DATASOURCE proxy.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 2
SET !LOOP 1

set proxy null
set port null
set fullproxy null
CLEAR
WAIT SECONDS=1
proxy address={{!COL1}}:{{!COL2}}
set fullproxy {{!COL1}}:{{!COL2}}
WAIT SECONDS=1
URL GOTO=https://www.infobyip.com/
WAIT SECONDS=1
chivracq

Re: Question regarding Proxy setting in imacro

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:38 am

green.pine wrote:

Imacros v8.9.7,
FF ver 55.0.3, 32 bit,
Win 7, 32 bit
I run the following macro, to change ip address pulled from a csv file,
it does change the ip address,
I wait and I reload the page for checking ip again, and I notice the ip address has been changed back to my isp again,
I check the setting in my FF ( Option/Advaced/Network/Settings...) and I don't see any ip address there.
and sometime when run the macro it does not work at all.

any logical reason for this?
I have check the wiki site but could not find anything regarding this issue.
the strange thing is I installed a FF add on called Proxy Tool prior to find this macro, on this add-on you give it a list of proxies and it does change the ip when new window/tab opens, it did work once, then it did not work at all.
so I wonder if these 2 things regarding proxy needs some change of setting somewhere. :roll:

appreciate your help

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !DATASOURCE proxy.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 2
SET !LOOP 1

set proxy null
set port null
set fullproxy null
CLEAR
WAIT SECONDS=1
proxy address={{!COL1}}:{{!COL2}}
set fullproxy {{!COL1}}:{{!COL2}}
WAIT SECONDS=1
URL GOTO=https://www.infobyip.com/
WAIT SECONDS=1
Hum, Thread Title is a bit vague, only useful Term is "Proxy", and you could spell "iMacros" a bit correctly btw, even if hum..., there are not that many Threads about "Proxy" on the Forum so I guess that only Term could already be enough for other Users to find this Thread, I guess...

But from what I understood, the Proxy is only "active" while the Macro is running and is reset at the end of the Macro...

OK, I had a quick Read... Hum, I see 3 Vars that are not used: proxy/port/fullproxy...? :?
Provide a mini '.CSV' with a few (3-5) Proxies (in plain Text is OK) for me to do some "Digging", I've never used the 'PROXY' Command for myself, only once for some quick Testing for some previous Thread maybe 2 or 3 years ago... Hum, and maybe some direct Link to your "other" Add-on if needed... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...