opening another macro through EVAL

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

opening another macro through EVAL

by Aditya93 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi,

Can i call another macro through EVAL(), so that it runs within the same macro and after it completes, the macro keeps running further.

Code: Select all
Details
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
Imacro Browser V10.0.2.2823
Included Demo macro works
URL - https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/
Aditya93

Re: opening another macro through EVAL

by chivracq on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 am

Aditya93 wrote:Hi,

Can i call another macro through EVAL(), so that it runs within the same macro and after it completes, the macro keeps running further.

Code: Select all
Details
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
Imacro Browser V10.0.2.2823
Included Demo macro works
URL - https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/

I don't think you can call a(nother) Macro from 'EVAL()' or I'm not aware of any way to do so...

But have a look at the following Thread and the part about the "URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=" Syntax in that Thread that can be used to call another ('.iim' or '.js') Script, at least on FF, using iMacros for FF (until v8.9.7), I'm not sure though this "Trick"/(unsupported) Syntax works on iMB, v10 or any iMB Version at all...

In the same Thread, some other Syntax is mentioned to run a '.BAT' or '.EXE' File from JavaScript that might work with the 'URL GOTO=javascript:...' Syntax (and/or maybe from 'EVAL()', I don't know...), even if I had not gotten it to work (on iMacros for FF, v8.8.2 I guess) when I had done some Testing/Experimenting for that Thread, a few months ago...

But even if any of those 2 Syntaxes work(s) for you to start another Macro from your current Macro, it is not that your current/main Macro will resume once the "sub" Macro will have finished... You would then need to split the Logic of your main Macro into 2 parts (= 2 Macros => 3 Macros in total...!): 1st part calls the "sub-Macro", which in returns calls the 2nd part at its end...

Well, good luck, and post your Results, I'll be interested btw to know if the "URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=" Syntax works on iMB (v10)... 8)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions