Internet Explorer 11 about:blank

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Internet Explorer 11 about:blank

by wilsonovinsky on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi, I am running Windows 7,
IE 11.0.9600.17691, VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, when I double click on the .iim file, I get "about:blank", I cannot run a .bat file. If I click on iMacros for IE shortcut, and I try to play it, then it works. What can I do? I was told that's because I am using iMacros Add-ons for IE, is that true? the free version does not support batch files.
wilsonovinsky

Re: Internet Explorer 11 about:blank

by chivracq on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 pm

wilsonovinsky wrote:Hi, I am running
Code: Select all
Windows 7,
IE 11.0.9600.17691,
VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
, when I double click on the .iim file, I get "about:blank", I cannot run a .bat file. If I click on iMacros for IE shortcut, and I try to play it, then it works. What can I do? I was told that's because I am using iMacros Add-ons for IE, is that true? the free version does not support batch files.

[Rant_Mode=ON :roll: ]

Pfff..., your whole Post and Pb Description sound(s) completely vague to me... :roll: :
1- "when I double click on the .iim file"
=> Where do you double-click on an '.iim' File from...?

2- "I cannot run a .bat file."
=> Hum..., Okay, what's the Pb...?, where is your '.BAT' File...!?

3- "If I click on iMacros for IE shortcut,"
=> Dunno what "iMacros for IE Shortcut" you mean...?

4- "I was told..."
=> Yep, by whom...? => Reference...? Expertise about iMacros is on this Forum (hum, a bit on the SOF Forum as well, but hum..., Quality of Answers there very often low with very often wrong "Allegations"...), or iMacros TechSupport of course... :wink:
(But you didn't post on our Forum since nearly 2 years, so I reckon your "I was told..." Sbd doesn't come from this Forum...)

5- "the free version does not support batch files."
=> Hum..., where does this Allegation come from...?, you can play Batch Files from all 3 Free Add-ons for iMacros afaik, quite a few Threads on the Forum with Examples... (I use it myself everyday since 5 or 6 years (on FF/PM using iMacros for FF, different v8.x.x Versions, and I might have started from v7.5 for FF, I don't remember exactly...)), and it simply works...!), unless maybe that's a new Limitation for v12.0 for IE... :? (=> Post your Batch File...! :roll: )

+ Post your Script in its simplest form to reproduce the Pb or mention if you can reproduce with any Demo..., and post your '.BAT' File...

Hum..., and what exactly what do you want to do...? :?
Because you mention some Double Click on an '.iim' File and then using a '.BAT' File, that's 2 different Scenarios...! :?

It's a Technical Forum, try to be a bit 'Proactive' with the Info you provide if you want other (Advanced) Users to be able to (try to) help you, not our "Role" to play "Little Detective" to try to understand what your Pb might be with the vague and scarce Info you provide... :idea:

[Rant_Mode=OFF :wink: ]
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by wilsonovinsky on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

I gave up on Internet Explorer, now I am using FireFox 48, iMacros 8.97, Windows 7. What I am trying to do is to schedule call forwarding at specific times through my VOIP website. the following code works sometimes, it's very unstable. Here is the code that was generated by iMacros: VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://my.ooma.com/login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:phone CONTENT=0000000000
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=**********
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:login_button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Call<SP>Forwarding
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=TXT:Ring
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=ID:ring_external_* CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=ID:call_forwarding_submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:logout_username
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Logout
wilsonovinsky

by chivracq on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:44 am

wilsonovinsky wrote:I gave up on Internet Explorer, now I am using
FireFox 48, iMacros 8.97, Windows 7.
What I am trying to do is to schedule call forwarding at specific times through my VOIP website. the following code works sometimes, it's very unstable. Here is the code that was generated by iMacros:
VERSION BUILD=8961227 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=**********
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:preference_call_forwarding ATTR=ID:ring_external_* CONTENT=YES

Ah OK, then it's a "typical" Case of running a Macro through your OS (=Win7) Task Scheduler on a '.BAT' File. (Like I use myself...)

If using FF, then v8.9.7 for FF is indeed the Version to use (still works until FF v55.0.3 btw), and stick to this Version and don't update to v9.0.3 for FF as the 'imacros://run/?m=' Syntax needed to start a Macro from a '.BAT' File is not supported anymore in v9.0.3.

Well..., about "the following code works sometimes, it's very unstable.", I don't know really, it probably comes from this 'ooma.com' Site/Web-Server that seems to be pretty slow to load/react (30 sec to load some pretty simple Login Page, oops...!).
If the Site is "unreliable", you might need to make your Script a bit more "robust" by increasing the '!TIMEOUT_xxx' Settings and including some Checks and some Logging in your Script...
I don't really see the "Need" btw to load that Login Page twice with 2 consecutive 'URL GOTO' on the same Page from your Script...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by wilsonovinsky on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:44 am

Thanks. How do I change the TIMEOUT_xxx' Settings and including some Checks and some Logging in the Script? Add this before the codes SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 30
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES? I have another phone number with the same company the code does not work at all for it, however it used to work. I thought it had to do with cookies, and page history.
wilsonovinsky

by chivracq on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:25 am

wilsonovinsky wrote:Thanks. How do I change the TIMEOUT_xxx' Settings and including some Checks and some Logging in the Script? I have another phone number with the same company the code does not work at all for it, however it used to work. I thought it had to do with cookies, and page history.

All iMacros Commands are documented in the Wiki, with the Syntax to use and Examples... :roll:
+ Many other Examples scattered all over the Forum of course...!

Adding "Checks and Logging" is a bit less "straightforward", as it's always "tailor-made" on the specific Site and specific Pages you want to add such Functionality to your Script, by extracting different HTML Elements (using the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism) on the Page(s) at the places where your Script might go "wrong", and you save the Data that you want to monitor to a '.CSV' or '.TXT' File using the 'SAVEAS' Mechanism to review after your Script has run, or using 'EVAL()' you can add some (Conditional) 'PROMPT' / 'Sound' / 'PAUSE' / 'Reload' / 'MacroError' if you want to take some "Manual" Actions IRT when your Script runs.

Dunno about your "other Phone Nb", yep..., Cookies could play a role, but I guess you'd encounter the same Pb's in Manual Mode without iMacros, it sounds to me more like your 2 Phone Nb's have different Functionality and Page Content once logged in to that Site...
chivracq

by wilsonovinsky on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:40 pm

I am willing to pay a fee for the extraction. Please let me know if you can do it for me. thanks
wilsonovinsky

by chivracq on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:48 pm

wilsonovinsky wrote:I am willing to pay a fee for the extraction. Please let me know if you can do it for me. thanks

Yeah, well..., hum..., [Reluctant_Mode=ON]: I think I'll "pass" on that one, ah-ah...! :wink:
I have a "semi-autistic" way of communicating, oops...!, that "requires" very precise Answers to my "precise" Qt's, while I find that you communicate yourself in a very "vague and imprecise" way for my "Taste" (for the Technical parts at least), and you don't answer half of my Qt's or try the Suggestions I make...
=> I'm "afraid" this "Project" will become some "never-ending" Project as your Requirements will probably be quite "vague" as well, and will probably change constantly...

Your Case about a Script that works "sometimes" is as well not very easy if not impossible to "debug" remotely, as it involves your OS Task Scheduler + a '.BAT' File + some iMacros Script 'that works sometimes" + a Site that looks a bit "unreliable" to me + some Phone Functionality/Device(s), so I won't be able to do any of the Testing myself, which will generate some never-ending "Ping-Pong" Communication which I know from "Experience" will be very frustrating and probably a waste of time for both Sides, ah-ah...! :wink:
[Reluctant_Mode=OFF]

You've been using iMacros for 2 years now, you should be able to make your Script work correctly by yourself by now... But, tja...!, you need to dig into the Documentation a little bit, from the Wiki and from the Forum... And of course dig into playing and "experimenting" and testing with your Script(s)... And believe me, there is nothing very "complicated" with iMacros, if you can get a Washing Machine or a TV to work, then you can get an iMacros Script to work, ah-ah...! :idea:

But, hum, you can always post in the 'iMacros Consultants' Sub-Forum, maybe some other Advanced User/Programmer will be interested to take your "Project"... Well, good luck anyway... 8)
chivracq

by wilsonovinsky on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:57 pm

Good News! Everything works perfectly now. You were right about adding those simple commands like WAIT SECCONDS, ERRORIGNORE, AND REFRESH. No more issues. Thumbs up. Thanks for your patience, and for all your help. You're great.
Last edited by wilsonovinsky on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilsonovinsky

by chivracq on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:51 pm

wilsonovinsky wrote:Good News! Everything works perfectly now. You were right about adding those simple commands like WAIT SECCONDS, ERRORIGNORE, AND REFRESH. No more issues. Thumps up. Thanks for your patience, and for all your help. You're great.

Oh...!, good-good then, and good News indeed... :D
And even better if "I'm great", ah-ah...! 8)

"Interesting" would be if you could post your final Script, and I'm a bit "curious" about what you did with 'REFRESH'...
And be cautious with '!ERRORIGNORE' as yep..., your Script will keep running but it doesn't mean necessarily that it will always do its "Job" correctly and completely... :!:
Adding a little bit of Logging would still be a good Idea, and is always Good Practice anyway... Hum, or maybe (temporarily) enabling the 'Profiler' if you are a bit "lazy" to implement some Logging yourself, to monitor a bit all Actions and Page Loading Times from the 'Profiler' Log... :idea:
chivracq

Firefox 49.0 imacros 8.97 works fine.

by wilsonovinsky on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:28 pm

This is a copy of the final script. So far it works perfectly. Open Firefox 49.0, Click Menu, Option, select When firefox start open a blank page, Scroll down, select never check for updates. Menu, Option Addons, click on extension, settings, uncheck update addon automatically. Remember to edit the script, substitute the content, 0000000000 to your number, and xxxxx to your password.
FF 49.0, iMacros 8.97
VERSION BUILD=8970419 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
REFRESH
SET !ENCRYPTION NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ID:login_form ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=XXXXXXXX
WAIT SECONDS=1
REFRESH
For the batch file:
@echo off
start /B "" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 10000 >NUL
start /B "" "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" imacros://run/?m="0000000000_Uncheck.iim"
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 25000 >NUL
TASKKILL /IM "firefox.exe"
wilsonovinsky

Return to General Support & Discussions