play loop directly with .iim

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

play loop directly with .iim

by Aditya93 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 pm

hi

i wanted to know if we can directly play a loop from the iMacros file increase of clicking the iMacros play loop button to play a loop in iMacros file

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
Included Demo macro works
Last edited by Aditya93 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aditya93

Re: play loop directly with .iim

by chivracq on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 am

Aditya93 wrote:hi

i wanted to know if we can directly play a loop from the imacro file increase of clicking the imacro play loop button to play a loop in imacro file

Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
Imacro Browser V10.0.2.2823
Included Demo macro works

There is a "Trick" actually, but I don't want to "advertize" it too much as it is based on a "Bug" and Dev are not aware of it and I would prefer they don't correct it as I use it myself... And I think anyway it doesn't work on iMB v10-v12, it only works on FF and maybe CR...
You have a few Threads on the Forum mentioning it if you are still eager to find it and to try by yourself... :wink:

There is another Trick which consists of calling an '.iim' Macro from an '.iim' Macro using 'URL GOTO' which should work in iMB v10, then you can have your Macro calling itself in some endless Loop..., and you need to use 'MacroError()' or 'FAIL_IF_FOUND' if you need to stop your Macro...

>>>

[Mini-Rant_Mode=ON]:
You manage btw to squeeze 2 or 3 Typos each time you try to use the Term "iMacros" (this is the correct Spelling!)... That's a bit annoying... If you do the same in your Scripts, Runtime Engines are very "stupid", one mini-Typo and all you get is a Syntax Error..., and Commands in JavaScript for example are Case-sensitive...
And your "Included Demo macro works" doesn't mean much..., you seem to be talking about one specific Demo without naming it, and that's not very relevant for your Thread, nor any of your previous Threads... Either you include all Demos and not only one, by using the Plural, but you can simply drop this Line and only mention it if you ever start a Thread where that Info might be relevant...
[Mini-Rant_Mode=OFF] :twisted:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Aditya93 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Tried the URL GOTO command, it does open the macro, but in a new window :?
i wanted to run few commands, open a macro , run that within the same window, and then run few more commands
Aditya93

by chivracq on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:37 pm

Aditya93 wrote:Tried the URL GOTO command, it does open the macro, but in a new window :?
i wanted to run few commands, open a macro , run that within the same window, and then run few more commands

Yeah, OK, but read my "mini-Rant" and correct all your 3x Typos per "iMacros" for me to read your Reply..., if your Scripts contain 3 Typos for each Command that you use, then it's a bit useless for anybody to try to debug your Scripts..., sorry but for me I stop at the first one and don't try any further... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by Aditya93 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 am

fixed the typos, please read it again
Aditya93

by chivracq on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Aditya93 wrote:fixed the typos, please read it again

Oh..., good..., OK, well indeed... :D

But yeah..., what then...?, I don't know what you've tried and what you want to do if you don't post any Script...! :idea:
Generic Qt and no Script / no URL = Generic Answer. And I already gave you that... 8)
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions