Bug when try to save CSV even with File Access installed

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Bug when try to save CSV even with File Access installed

by Program on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Dear colleagues of this forum,

FCIM:
Imacros addon for chrome - Imacros Version: 10.0.1, exactly this:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... joopmnlemp
Chrome: Versão 63.0.3239.132

I try save some info in a column of CSV and another info in another column using Imacros addon in Chrome:
Code: Select all
TAG SELECTOR="#play-aula>DIV>H3>B" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\test\extract FILE=test.csv
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#play-aula>DIV>H2>A" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}

but appear to me:
RuntimeError: SAVEAS requires File IO interface installed, line: 10

Searching in google, it is mentioned that this is required:
http://download.imacros.net/iMacros-for ... up-Win.exe

I already installed it and it still does not work, showing the same error, is it a bug?
How to solve this?

I thought of another possibility, if we can not solve this bug with the help of the forum, another possibility would be to save in a spreedsheet of googledrive in another tab, but save dynamically as it would with csv. how to do this second option?

thanks
Program

Re: Bug when try to save CSV even with File Access installed

by chivracq on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Program wrote:Dear colleagues of this forum,

FCI[M]:
Imacros addon for chrome - Imacros Version: 10.0.1, exactly this:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imacros-for-chrome/cplklnmnlbnpmjogncfgfijoopmnlemp
Chrome: Versão 63.0.3239.132

I try save some info in a column of CSV and another info in another column using Imacros addon in Chrome:
TAG SELECTOR="#play-aula>DIV>H3>B" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL
TAG SELECTOR="#play-aula>DIV>H2>A" EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}

but appear to me:
RuntimeError: SAVEAS requires File IO interface installed, line: 10

Searching in google, it is mentioned that this is required:
http://download.imacros.net/iMacros-for ... up-Win.exe

I already installed it and it still does not work, showing the same error, is it a bug?
How to solve this?

I thought of another possibility, if we can not solve this bug with the help of the forum, another possibility would be to save in a spreedsheet of googledrive in another tab, but save dynamically as it would with csv. how to do this second option?

thanks

The 'M' in "FCIM" stands for "Missing", ah-ah...! :wink:

But OK, yep sorry, I didn't reply to your (perfectly handled) previous Thread, I was a bit busy and I thought you would figure it out by yourself, and I don't use iMacros for CR myself even if I still have some CR (v63...?) + v8.4.4 Env. for the Forum, but v10.0.1 for CR became pretty "Commercial" and I think the FIO Functionality (needed for '!DATASOURCE' and 'SAVEAS') is now only available for the Paying Customers and has been blocked for the Free Version of the Add-on, a bit confirmed by TechSupport who posted some Workaround for using a DataSource in the CR Sub-Forum. (I've been using and promoting this Workaround for several years btw, I wouldn't be surprised if they got it from me, ah-ah...!)

So I'm afraid it's not really a Bug..., even if yep there is still a Bug, even a Double Bug actually, the RuntimeError is not clear in my Opinion and should mention clearly that the 'SAVEAS' Command is only available for the Pay-Version of iMacros for CR v10.0.1, and that Info is not clearly/even mentioned in the Wiki either...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Program on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Ok thanks for all

I try install the trial version I dont see any change in the chrome addon, the problem the problem persists even with "comercial" trial version.
If it had worked I would have security to decide if I buy, but the trial does not change anything in the chrome addon.
I can do this work with trial version?

So I tried with firefox (I had to install an old version to be able to save csv FCI: FF27 iMacros 8.6.0), I immediately had problem, the same script that works in CR, does not work in FF.
I encountered a problem with this command (this command I was recorded with CR):
TAG SELECTOR="#play-aula>DIV>H3>B>I" EXTRACT=TXT

Error:
SyntaxError: wrong format of TAG command, line: 3 (Error code: -910)

If I use the recording in FF the next tag is this:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>SECTION>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>H3>B>I" BUTTON=0

I dont know how use Extract with this command, I try many things and dont work.

I prefer CR, but i dont understand why i can save csv with a Imacros old version, and the actual version of imacros chrome addon is not possible, because of "comercial", so the old version solve this, sorry, but ipswitch doing this is not smart
Any suggestion to solve this?

Thanks again
Program

by chivracq on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:42 pm

Program wrote:Ok thanks for all

I try install the trial version I dont see any change in the chrome addon, the problem the problem persists even with "comercial" trial version.
If it had worked I would have security to decide if I buy, but the trial does not change anything in the chrome addon.
I can do this work with trial version?

So I tried with firefox (I had to install an old version to be able to save csv FCI: FF27 iMacros 8.6.0), I immediately had problem, the same script that works in CR, does not work in FF.
I encountered a problem with this command (this command I was recorded with CR):
TAG SELECTOR="#play-aula>DIV>H3>B>I" EXTRACT=TXT

Error:
SyntaxError: wrong format of TAG command, line: 3 (Error code: -910)

If I use the recording in FF the next tag is this:
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>SECTION>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>H3>B>I" BUTTON=0

I dont know how use Extract with this command, I try many things and dont work.

I prefer CR, but i dont understand why i can save csv with a Imacros old version, and the actual version of imacros chrome addon is not possible, because of "comercial", so the old version solve this, sorry, but ipswitch doing this is not smart
Any suggestion to solve this?

Thanks again

Ouf-ouf..., you are mixing up quite a few things together...

There is no Trial Version for the CR Add-on... Everybody downloads and install the same Add-on... which gets activated for the blocked Functionality (for v10.0.1) I don't know how, I don't like it / I've never liked it, has always been since it came out very buggy and limited in Functionality compared to FF, so I won't try to "crack" it, it's officially Open-Source so you can try... It's a bit High Level but you sound quite clever, so I wouldn't be surprised if you will succeed, ah-ah...! I may give it a Try when v10.x will come for FF with the same Commercial Limitations, I guess I will only need about 10 min, ah-ah..., but OK I already did a little bit of "Thinking" in advance on how the Developer(s) might want to "mutilate" iMacros for FF, and I thought of 3 ways, and for each I already have some Workaround, which I actually won't need as I still use some much-much older Version...
But hum, sorry, I'm not answering your Post anymore, oops...!

Gling-Gloung...!? iMacros for FF v8.60 + FF27... Woaw!, sounds very romantic...! v8.60 was a very nice Version btw, I used it for a very long time...
But hum, if you want to use/try iMacros for FF, use "my" FCI:
iMacros for FF v8.9.7 on FF v55.0.3. (FF from FF Portable I would think, even if I still have the "Standard" FF Channel Version, that I prevent to update of course...!)
Or even better like my own "Prod" Env.: iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47).
v8.8.7 for FF is supposed to work as well on some later Versions of PM, PM26 and PM27 I think from a few Posts/Threads on the Forum, but I've never tested those FCI's myself...

And yep, the 'SELECTOR' Parameter for the 'TAG' Mode was introduced in v8.4.4 for CR and afaik is still only supported on CR, on v10.0.1 as well, I would think...
=> Open a separate Thread if you want to find a Solution on FF for some Extract..., I have a few Workarounds on FF..., using the (Standard) 'TAG' Mode, and even the 'EVENT' Mode...

"but i dont understand why i can save csv with a Imacros old version"
=> Tja..., Ipswitch/iOpus is going "dirty-Commercial", a lot of Functionality in 10.0.1 for CR has now been blocked to force Users to pay for that Functionality... Hum..., you just remind me actually that I had already stated when it came out that I would stop helping Users using this Commercial Version, ah-ah...!
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions