Set !timeout_step 0 doesn't work

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Set !timeout_step 0 doesn't work

by BarryTheBaptist on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 am

Hello,

I'm having issues with iMacros since new update. Before the update SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 used to ignore internal waiting of 6 seconds. After update even if I use mentioned command or TIMEOUT_PAGE 0, internal waiting is still 6 seconds, best is possible TIMEOUT_STEP 1 and internal waiting is still 0.5 seconds on each step, I need it to be 0.
Please advise.

Thanks!

iMacros extension for Chrome
Windows 2012 R2
BarryTheBaptist

Re: Set !timeout_step 0 doesn't work

by BarryTheBaptist on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 am

Forgot to add.

iMacros for Chrome 10.0.1 personal edition license.
BarryTheBaptist

by chivracq on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

BarryTheBaptist wrote:Hello,

I'm having issues with iMacros since new update. Before the update SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0 used to ignore internal waiting of 6 seconds. After update even if I use mentioned command or TIMEOUT_PAGE 0, internal waiting is still 6 seconds, best is possible TIMEOUT_STEP 1 and internal waiting is still 0.5 seconds on each step, I need it to be 0.
Please advise.

Thanks!

Code: Select all
iMacros extension for Chrome
Windows 2012 R2

BarryTheBaptist wrote:Forgot to add.

iMacros for Chrome 10.0.1 personal edition license.

Hum..., that's better indeed, like I had mentioned in your previous Thread, I don't react to Thread if FCI is not mentioned..., even if grrr..., CR Version is not mentioned...
=> iMacros for CR v10.0.1 PE, CR...!?, Win2012-R2.

Well, I don't know about v10.0.1 for CR that I haven't installed, and probably won't install, I don't like CR anyway...
It could be a Bug, if your very same Script was working before correctly in v8.4.4, but v10.0.1 has now been released for at least 2 weeks, I would have expected other Users to very quickly report such a "big" Bug...

But hum, a few other things could play a role, as you make a few Mistakes...:
- The Min Value for '!TIMEOUT_PAGE is "1" and not "0". If you set it to "0", it gets automatically reset to its Default Value ="60", then the Default Value for '!TIMEOUT_STEP" will indeed be "6" sec...! (as it is always 10% of '!TIMEOUT_PAGE').

If you put '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Statements through out your Script, you need to repeat a '!TIMEOUT_STEP' Statement each time (directly) AFTER the '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' Statement if you don't want the Default %10 Value, and I guess that's rather this Mechanism that is playing a role in your Case...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by BarryTheBaptist on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAB T=1
wait seconds=0.3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=5 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON ATTR=*
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=5 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=7 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=9 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
REFRESH

This is the script and it worked just fine on previous version of iMacros, after the update I get that 6 seconds internal waiting, at best, as I mentioned i put in value "1" and I still get 0.5 seconds per each step, which is too slow for needed result.
BarryTheBaptist

by chivracq on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 pm

BarryTheBaptist wrote:
VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAB T=1
wait seconds=0.3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=5 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=7 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=9 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
REFRESH

This is the script and it worked just fine on previous version of iMacros, after the update I get that 6 seconds internal waiting, at best, as I mentioned i put in value "1" and I still get 0.5 seconds per each step, which is too slow for needed result.

Hum..., yep indeed, your Script looks very "Standard"... It should work like you expect indeed... Looks like a Bug in v10.0.1 for CR then, I would think...

Some possible Workaround that I still use myself in a few pretty old Scripts of mine from 8 or 10 years ago (before I had "discovered" that '!TIMEOUT_TAG' (was the Name then for '!TIMEOUT_STEP') could be set to "0", ah-ah...!), was indeed to use "SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 1" (well, the Name was '!TIMEOUT' then), and it still works for me (on v8.82 + v8.97 for FF), I still haven't updated those Scripts, and it is actually even a bit quicker than '!TIMEOUT_STEP' ="0"... But I don't have any 'WAIT' Statements between my 80 or 120 Statements. The Script seems to freeze for 0.5 or 1 Second maybe, and then jumps directly 80 or 120 Lines further...

You could btw now replace all those 'WAIT' Statements of yours except the 1st one with one single Command with the newly implemented Command in v10.0.1 for CR '!PLAYBACKDELAY'... But OK, that won't play a role in your Case...

Open a Ticket with TechSup I would think, thanks to your 'Personal Edition' License... It sounds like a Bug to me then... :oops:
You could enable the Profiler btw, if you need to provide any "Proof" to TechSup...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by BarryTheBaptist on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:09 am

Well, that was a waste of 100 bucks haha.
Thank you so much for the help again, will try to contact support, I hope they can fix this issue.
BarryTheBaptist

by chivracq on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:45 am

BarryTheBaptist wrote:Well, that was a waste of 100 bucks haha.
Thank you so much for the help again, will try to contact support, I hope they can fix this issue.

Yeah, not much I can do if it's a Bug... :oops:
I'm only a bit surprised you are the first the report it on the Forum..., but maybe some other User(s) have already opened some Ticket(s) about it, I don't know...

Hum, you could maybe add some "[v10.0.1 for CR]" in your Thread Title, to "attract" TechSup's Attention, in case they check the Forum...
(And don't be surprised if your Thread gets moved to the 'iMacros for CR' Forum where it actually belongs...)

If you didn't "secure" v8.4.4 for CR like everybody should do for every Version, you can maybe still download it from your "personal" Support Page once you're logged in with your License Credentials... (All Download Links have been removed from all 'Version History' Pages for all 4 Browsers, and Google/Chrome doesn't maintain any 'Version History' Functionality like Mozilla does neatly with Firefox for all Add-ons and all ever Versions...)
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions