Skipping Empty Cell

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Aditya93

Skipping Empty Cell

Post by Aditya93 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:36 am

Hi

I wanted to know how can i skip the cell that are extracted having no value.
If there is value in the 1st cell, it keeps on taking that value only.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
chivracq

Re: Skipping Empty Cell

Post by chivracq » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Aditya93 wrote:Hi

I wanted to know how can i skip the cell that are extracted having no value.
If there is value in the 1st cell, it keeps on taking that value only.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10022823
Windows 7 x64 (English)
iMacros Browser V10.0.2.2823
I don't understand your Qt/Pb..., not helped by some grammatical Mix of Singular + Plural (about "Cell(s)") in the same Sentence(s), exactly like you had previously in your "Included Demo Macro(s)..." Sentence that you've "luckily" finally removed from your FCI... :?

Not sure about which "Cell(s)" you are talking: 1- from a Table on a Web-Page...?, 2- from a '.CSV' DataSource...?, or 3- from the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS'...?
The Use of "extracted" applied to your Cell(s) seems to imply "1- from a Table on a Web-Page"... :?
=> Would be easier if you posted your Script and indicated clearly to which Line(s) you are referring to..., with some concrete Example... :idea:

And hum..., what have you tried...? Where do you get stuck...? :roll:

But I think either way will require checking the Content of that/those "Cell(s)" with 'EVAL()' to spit out the Result that you want to reuse. :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Aditya93

Post by Aditya93 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:42 am

3rd option
3- from the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS'...?
just as a example if 2 rows get filled and my macro is running 5 times.
In 3rd,4th and 5th iteration it will take value of 2row only which it should not

and dynamic way to run the macro that no of times only as the no of rows in the sheet and no more
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 am

Aditya93 wrote:3rd option
3- from the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS'...?
just as a example if 2 rows get filled and my macro is running 5 times.
In 3rd,4th and 5th iteration it will take value of 2row only which it should not

and dynamic way to run the macro that no of times only as the no of rows in the sheet and no more
Hum, OK, the '.CSV' Result of a 'SAVEAS' then...

But then I still don't understand your Pb... Every 'SAVEAS' in a Script creates one Row in the '.CSV' with as many Cells as you had 'EXTRACT' Commands before (containing the extracted Data or "#EANF#" if the Field to extract was not found).
And if you don't like all the "#EANF#"'s, you can always replace them with what you want, like an empty String for example using 'EVAL()'.

I can't help you if I don't understand what you want... , your Description is a bit too vague for me, and I still don't see any Script nor any concrete Example of what kind of Data you get exactly (and what Data exactly you would want instead)... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...