Timeout Session Auto-Continue

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
svs247

Timeout Session Auto-Continue

Post by svs247 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm

This is a question regarding auto-continuing a timeout session popup warning message with an option to click 'Continue' or 'Refresh' as the ONLY button. But we HAVE to click it to continue our session.. I've already tried several methods to extend the timeout session. This was not possible, therefore..

I have a website tab open all day in Chrome that is my VPN into a Virtual
PC. This VPN website tab will bring up a pop-up every 15 or so minutes
where I need to click the pop-up's 'Continue' or 'Refresh' button, so I
don't lose ALL my work and disconnect from meetings and important
conversations within my Virtual PC!!

I've had so many issues, please help me configure the iMacro to have this particular webpage select
'Continue' or 'Refresh' button on that Citrix Receiver in-house pop-up every so often so I can stay
in my virtual PC session. This webpage stays open in Chrome. Once I am in the Virtual PC, I cannot see this
VPN webpage window with the timeout pop-up, so that is why I need automation. It is
driving me mad.

I cannot reconfigure my timeout session to be longer, that is out of my hands. All I can do is click the 'Refresh'
button that pop-ups within this Citrix Receiver VPN webpage for me every so often. However, I would not like my
cursor to be used for this, if possible, since I will be using it. Is there
some way I can still use my cursor for my work in my virtual PC while this
happens on an automated timed basis in the VPN webpage window? (Can there be another click event)

I heard something about DirectScreen but not sure how to even begin to code
this. Does anyone have any suggestion? :x
chivracq

Re: Timeout Session Auto-Continue

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 pm

svs247 wrote:This is a question regarding auto-continuing a timeout session popup warning message with an option to click 'Continue' or 'Refresh' as the ONLY button. But we HAVE to click it to continue our session.. I've already tried several methods to extend the timeout session. This was not possible, therefore..

I have a website tab open all day in Chrome that is my VPN into a Virtual
PC. This VPN website tab will bring up a pop-up every 15 or so minutes
where I need to click the pop-up's 'Continue' or 'Refresh' button, so I
don't lose ALL my work and disconnect from meetings and important
conversations within my Virtual PC!!

I've had so many issues, please help me configure the iMacro to have this particular webpage select
'Continue' or 'Refresh' button on that Citrix Receiver in-house pop-up every so often so I can stay
in my virtual PC session. This webpage stays open in Chrome. Once I am in the Virtual PC, I cannot see this
VPN webpage window with the timeout pop-up, so that is why I need automation. It is
driving me mad.

I cannot reconfigure my timeout session to be longer, that is out of my hands. All I can do is click the 'Refresh'
button that pop-ups within this Citrix Receiver VPN webpage for me every so often. However, I would not like my
cursor to be used for this, if possible, since I will be using it. Is there
some way I can still use my cursor for my work in my virtual PC while this
happens on an automated timed basis in the VPN webpage window? (Can there be another click event)

I heard something about DirectScreen but not sure how to even begin to code
this. Does anyone have any suggestion? :x
Veeeery good...!, you managed to find the 'NEWTOPIC' Button to create a new Thread, and in the correct Sub-Forum...!, well I guess as you didn't mention your FCI nor posted any Script... Sorry I had to disapprove your previous Attempt to post on the Forum, but your Post was only "polluting" an existing Thread and had nothing to do with it... :roll:

OK, now you start "a bit correctly" and "from the beginning" as you didn't bother reading the Forum Rules..., => by mentioning your exact FCI for me to read and do any "Thinking"...:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig about "FCI"/"CIM"/"FCIM"...)
I see some "Chrome" and "Citrix" and "DirectScreen" somewhere in your Post, but CR and DS are not compatible with each other for a start...
And I don't see any Script, I hope you explained what you tried and what didn't work and where you got stuck...
"No Script" = "Generic Qt" => "Generic Answer"... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Timeout Session Auto-Continue

Post by chivracq » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Hum..., 4 days later and still no Follow-up..., I guess mentioning 3 Versions about your Env. was a bit too "complicated", OK, fair enough... :shock:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...