imacros time

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
goku

imacros time

Post by goku » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:53 pm

I would like the macros to be activated at a certain time and it will be deactivated at another time, example: it will be activated at 10:00 in the morning and it will be turned off at 22:00 at night. Thank you very much
chivracq

Re: imacros time

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:15 pm

goku wrote:I would like the macros to be activated at a certain time and it will be deactivated at another time, example: it will be activated at 10:00 in the morning and it will be turned off at 22:00 at night. Thank you very much
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Yep, easiest way is to use your OS Task Scheduler...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
goku

Post by goku » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 pm

VERSION BUILD=7200328 RECORDER=FX
SET !DATASOURCE vivim.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*5999999 + 1111111); randomNumber;")
clear
URL GOTO=http://www.xxxx.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:[>]<SP>FINALIZAR<SP>PUBLICACIÓN
WAIT SECONDS=3000

I do not use my operating system or do not configure it because I need to activate the loop option I leave part of the code I use version 12.0.501.6698 needed to activate the imacros 12 hours and other 12 off the imacros I use it in vps windows server 2016 I think thank you very much for your help
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:22 am

goku wrote:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7200328 RECORDER=FX
SET !DATASOURCE vivim.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*5999999 + 1111111); randomNumber;")
clear
URL GOTO=http://www.xxxx.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:[>]<SP>FINALIZAR<SP>PUBLICACIÓN
WAIT SECONDS=3000
I do not use my operating system or do not configure it because I need to activate the loop option I leave part of the code I use

version 12.0.501.6698
needed to activate the imacros 12 hours and other 12 off the imacros I use it in

vps windows server 2016
I think thank you very much for your help
OK, => FCI:

version 12.0.501.6698
vps windows server 2016
Well, if using iMB, then use a '.BAT' or '.VBS' File launched from your OS Task Scheduler using the Scripting Interface...

There are otherwise 2 "Tricks" to make a "simple" '.iim' Macro Loop (by itself, or launched from the Task Scheduler), but one doesn't work for iMB, according to TechSup... (Search the Forum if you want to found out, relies on a Bug, I don't want to "advertize" too much about it, ah-ah...!)

But your Script has nothing "special" and necessitating iMB, why don't you use iMacros for FF, with a '.js' Script handling the Looping, that you then can launch without any Pb from a '.BAT' File...? (... and from the Task Sched. then... :idea: )

>

Other Possibility would be to let your current Macro loop continuously like you probably already do, but to include some "Conditional 'WAIT'" in it, using 'EVAL()' and based on '!NOW' for ex... :idea:
But hum..., all Browsers suffer from Memory Leaks if running 24/7, you would still need a '.BAT' Script to clean "that Mess", ah-ah...! :wink:
You can still (attempt to) kill your Browser from an iMacros Script, but once killed, your Browser and your Script won't start again by themselves, ah-ah...! Oops...! :twisted:

[I mentioned "Conditional 'WAIT'" between Double Quotes, meaning you can search my Posts on the Forum if you want more Info and Examples on how to implement that if you don't find out by yourself...]

>>>

Hum..., you shouldn't need any Help from the Forum btw I would think, if you've been using iMacros since v7.20 for FF, ah-ah...!, you should be able to answer all Threads on the Forum by now, ah-ah...! :wink:

(And mention your FCI a bit more "clearly" next time you open a Thread..., I don't/won't react otherwise... or if I have to play "little detective" to find out what Versions you are using for iMacros + Browser + OS..., just saying... :idea: )

OK, good luck anyway and post your "final" Solution... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...