Google Voice Messaging

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tguttenb

Google Voice Messaging

Post by tguttenb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 am

Hi,

I am trying to use iMacros to send automated text messages from google voice. When I record the macro beginning on https://voice.google.com/messages, I click the "send a message" button which then enables the phone number field to be entered. At this point it give the item an ID and reroutes to a URL like this: https://voice.google.com/messages?itemI ... 4E2376C983.

When I play the Macro I get this error: Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "DIV:" with attribute(s) "CLASS:mLSKFd&&GV-TEST-ID:backdrop&&TXT:*".. Line 11: TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:mLSKFd&&GV-TEST-ID:backdrop&&TXT: CONTENT= {{!COL1}} Basically I think the unique ID on the URL each time is creating an issue in filling the form, and it never find this field to enter the phone number. (This is just a guess, I am new at this).

I am posting my macro below and the a screenshot of element which is causing problems. Please can somebody help resolve this issue. Many thanks.

VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
SET !DATASOURCE Sample.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
URL GOTO=https://voice.google.com/messages
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:messages
URL GOTO=https://voice.google.com/messages?itemI ... CF6D9B6F2C
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:mLSKFd&&GV-TEST-ID:backdrop&&TXT: CONTENT= {{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:input_0 CONTENT= {{!COL2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=MD-ICON ATTR=TXT:send
Attachments
Google Voice Element
Google Voice Element
chivracq

Re: Google Voice Messaging

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:34 pm

tguttenb wrote:Hi,

I am trying to use iMacros to send automated text messages from google voice. When I record the macro beginning on https://voice.google.com/messages, I click the "send a message" button which then enables the phone number field to be entered. At this point it give the item an ID and reroutes to a URL like this: https://voice.google.com/messages?itemI ... 4E2376C983.

When I play the Macro I get this error:

Code: Select all

Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "DIV:" with attribute(s) "CLASS:mLSKFd&&GV-TEST-ID:backdrop&&TXT:*"
.. Line 11:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:mLSKFd&&GV-TEST-ID:backdrop&&TXT: CONTENT= {{!COL1}}

Basically I think the unique ID on the URL each time is creating an issue in filling the form, and it never find this field to enter the phone number. (This is just a guess, I am new at this).

I am posting my macro below and the a screenshot of element which is causing problems. Please can somebody help resolve this issue. Many thanks.

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
URL GOTO=https://voice.google.com/messages?itemId=A84AA77E-EADC-413F-915C-51CF6D9B6F2C
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:input_0 CONTENT= {{!COL2}}
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> FCI: iMB v12.5, OS=...?

Hum this 'Google Voice' Functionality looks (sorry..., sounds...!) interesting, I didn't know about it... But OK, I can't have a quick Look at the Page(s), I first need to install stg and/or to "signup" for stg, and if I try to signup, I keep getting some Error :? :

Account Error
Could not create Google Voice account. 
<OK>
But hum..., only the Msg ID in the URL looks Dynamic to me, but not on the 'DIV' from your Line_11, and I've never seen a Class being Dynamic...
No, I think you constructed your Macro from 2 Recordings, and iMacros always starts by first recording an 'URL GOTO' Line about the "Starting" URL, and I think for your "full" Macro, that you simply don't need the 2nd 'URL GOTO'...
Try this one:

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00

'URL GOTO=https://voice.google.com/messages?itemId=A84AA77E-EADC-413F-915C-51CF6D9B6F2C
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:mLSKFd&&GV-TEST-ID:backdrop&&TXT: CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:input_0 CONTENT={{!COL2}}
(I've commented out the 2nd 'URL GOTO'... (And I've removed the extra Spaces before your '{{!COLn}}'...))
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
tguttenb

Post by tguttenb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 am

Ok thank you for the reply. First here is the config info:
iMacros 12.0.501.668, IE 11, Windows 10

I tried running this script again and I get the same error. You're right, this wasn't taken cleanly on one recording, I was trying to do some patchwork..

You should be able to sign up for a google voice account with a mobile phone number and gmail address..

So, the field to enter the phone number only becomes available once I click "Send Message" and before that time there is no message ID string on the end of the url...Here is one I tried recording starting from the ID url...same error...it is like the field disappears after the message is sent also so somehow I think the script needs to generate new ids or route to the ID url by clicking the "send message" button

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
URL GOTO=https://voice.google.com/messages?itemI ... 0051B404C7
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:mLSKFd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SEARCH ATTR=CLASS:ng-valid<SP>md-input<SP>ng-touched<SP>ng-dirty<SP>ng-empty
TAG POS=5 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Send<SP>to<SP>(333)<SP>222-3333
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:input_0 CONTENT=test
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:send
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 am

tguttenb wrote:Ok thank you for the reply. First here is the config info:

iMacros 12.0.501.668, IE 11, Windows 10
I tried running this script again and I get the same error. You're right, this wasn't taken cleanly on one recording, I was trying to do some patchwork..

You should be able to sign up for a google voice account with a mobile phone number and gmail address..

So, the field to enter the phone number only becomes available once I click "Send Message" and before that time there is no message ID string on the end of the url...Here is one I tried recording starting from the ID url...same error...it is like the field disappears after the message is sent also so somehow I think the script needs to generate new ids or route to the ID url by clicking the "send message" button

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
URL GOTO=https://voice.google.com/messages?itemId=7792557A-B5B5-4AA4-A324-9B0051B404C7
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SEARCH ATTR=CLASS:ng-valid<SP>md-input<SP>ng-touched<SP>ng-dirty<SP>ng-empty
TAG POS=5 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Send<SP>to<SP>(333)<SP>222-3333
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA ATTR=ID:input_0 CONTENT=test
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:send
OK, perfect for your FCI...

Yeah, well, "... this wasn't taken cleanly on one recording, I was trying to do some patchwork." is the way to go actually, or at least the way I build my own Scripts as well... :wink:
And keeping in your Script the different direct URL's for the different Pages loaded by your Actions on a Site is actually "Good Practice" in my Opinion, I do it as well and am often "Happy" I did it when I made my Script (or wish I had done it if I had not done it, ah-ah...!) when weeks/months later "stg" goes wrong and I need to dig into a Script again, and for "Reliability", it's often even "Better Practice" to "force" the 'URL GOTO' for Navigation than to rely on a Click on a Button/Link...

OK, the "Signup" didn't work, I tried again, 'Google Voice' wants me first to connect and register from some (Android) "Device" where they can install some "App" which I don't want to do, I only want to access the Web-Interface from a Browser (on a Laptop), and I guess they probably make the same "Mistake" (maybe deliberately, I wouldn't be surprised) like 'WhatsApp' that this Functionality/Service only works if a synced Device/SmartPhone is connected to Internet, which won't work for me... 'Telegram' that I use works much better for that, the Web and Desktop Apps work standalone and don't need a SmartPhone to be connected at the same time to internet..., but anyway...!

OK, a bit difficult then to help you if I cannot see how the Site/Page behaves exactly..., and hum, to be honest, I won't be trying "too hard" either, ah-ah...!, as I actually usually don't really "support" that kind of Scripts that can easily be (mis)used for Spam... :oops:

But from what I understand, and what I see from your (last) Script, the Input Field for the Tel-Nb has become a 'DIV' and if that Input Field first needs some preliminary Action to get enabled, you can try using the 'EVENT' Mode which usually works better than the "Standard" 'TAG' Mode for such Sites/Pages with Ajaxy Elements and a lot of Background JavaScript Validation on the Page... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
tguttenb

Post by tguttenb » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:28 am

Ok...it sounds like EVENT mode would be helpful for this, where I set the EVENT on the "Send Message" button click...

Are there some examples or tutorials on setting actions in this way? I will try to follow that pattern and see if I can get something running using that..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:17 pm

tguttenb wrote:Ok...it sounds like EVENT mode would be helpful for this, where I set the EVENT on the "Send Message" button click...

Are there some examples or tutorials on setting actions in this way? I will try to follow that pattern and see if I can get something running using that..
All iMacros Commands are documented in the Wiki, with complete Explanation and Examples of course... The 'TAG' and 'EVENT' Modes are iMacros Commands, so they are documented...! :wink:
(And you can mix both Modes in a same Script...)

Yeah, "would be helpful", I don't know, you'll need to try...
tguttenb

Post by tguttenb » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:06 am

I am not able to see where to enable EVENT mode. I am attaching pictures of the Tutorial and my window...when I press record it just begins recoding and I don't see the options as shown in the tutorial..
Attachments
MyWindow.png
Tutorial.png
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 am

tguttenb wrote:I am not able to see where to enable EVENT mode. I am attaching pictures of the Tutorial and my window...when I press record it just begins recoding and I don't see the options as shown in the tutorial..
Tja...!, you need to select the ('EVENT') Recording Mode BEFORE starting to record...!
Don't you see the 'Record options' Button underneath the 'Record' Button...!? :roll:
tguttenb

Post by tguttenb » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:42 am

Obviously I see it on the tutorial screen. But on my screen I see no such interface or button...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:11 am

tguttenb wrote:Obviously I see it on the tutorial screen. But on my screen I see no such interface or button...
Hum, I don't know then, I've never used iMB, maybe they changed the Interface in v12.5, though nothing is mentioned in the Wiki/Release Notes afaik... You didn't mention if you use the Full or Trial Version, maybe the Record Options are now disabled in the Trial, dunno...!

Post a Screenshot of what you get then, on the 'Record' Tab... :roll:

And you can use the Free Add-on on FF or CR otherwise... :idea: