Find & Store Items in Excel

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tamilselvan

Find & Store Items in Excel

Post by Tamilselvan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 am

FCIM:
Windows 10
Firefox : Version 55.0.3 (32-bit)
Add on: iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3
iMacros 30-Day Evaluation: iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.5.498.2403

Hi,
Kindly anyone help. I have csv file using it to find out items from web to store separate columns in excel file.

Csv File :
FTO No.
TN2906015_220617FTO_509442
TN2906015_230617FTO_510116
TN2906015_230617FTO_512338
Find out items from web.
Vendor-Name.jpg
Store separate columns in excel file
Bill Details.jpg
chivracq

Re: Find & Store Items in Excel

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:FCIM:

Code: Select all

Windows 10  
Firefox : Version 55.0.3 (32-bit)
Add on: iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3
iMacros 30-Day Evaluation: iMacros Browser (x86) Version 11.5.498.2403
Hi,
Kindly anyone help. I have csv file using it to find out items from web to store separate columns in excel file.

Csv File :

FTO No.
TN2906015_220617FTO_509442
TN2906015_230617FTO_510116
TN2906015_230617FTO_512338
Find out items from web.
Vendor-Name.jpg
Store separate columns in excel file
Bill Details.jpg
The "M" in "FCIM" stands for "Missing", you mean "FCI"... :wink:
Hum, iMB v11.5 is already 1.5 years old with v12.0 released already 7 months ago, you must have had more than 30 days to "try" the Software I would think, ah-ah...! 8)

Hum, good, you don't use your usual "Please do the needful." for once in this Thread, which sounds very commanding, I don't react to those Threads of yours anymore... :idea:

But hum, yeah, what is the Pb...? No Script posted, you don't sound like you've tried anything, and to be honest, I don't even understand your "Scenario" exactly, especially the "... I have csv file using it to find out items from web..." as your '.CSV' File looks empty (apart from the Header), but anyway it sounds otherwise like a typical Data Extraction Scenario. :roll:
=> Yep, perfect Usecase for iMacros...! Perfectly documented in the Wiki, and many-many Threads/Examples to find on the Forum if you encounter any Difficulty(ies)... :D
We even have a dedicated Sub-Forum about only 'Data Extraction'...!, where you could even have opened your Thread actually..., but OK, no need to duplicate, the 'General' Forum is always OK if you have any "Doubt"... => Glad to help you if you encounter any Pb, but nobody is going to write your Script I'm afraid... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Sorry for "commanding words" please don't mistake me.

I have extracted the values. How to store the values in output file in specified columns.

TAG POS=4 TYPE=TD ATTR=ALIGN:left EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=5 TYPE=TD ATTR=ALIGN:left EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=6 TYPE=TD ATTR=ALIGN:left EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR3 {{!EXTRACT}}
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Tamilselvan wrote:Sorry for "commanding words" please don't mistake me.

I have extracted the values. How to store the values in output file in specified columns.

TAG POS=4 TYPE=TD ATTR=ALIGN:left EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=5 TYPE=TD ATTR=ALIGN:left EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=6 TYPE=TD ATTR=ALIGN:left EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR3 {{!EXTRACT}}
Yeah, well, I don't know what corresponds to 'POS=4/5/6', simply extract your Fields in the same order that you want the Data in the 'SAVEAS'...
If you do 3 Extracts, you will get 3 Columns... And if you need those 3 Extracts in a different order or in different Cols than 'Col_1/2/3', then you can "manipulate" the Content of the '!EXTRACT' Var before doing the 'SAVEAS' if you don't like the "Default" Content...
=> For example if you want your 3 Extracts in 'Col_1/5/4' in this order:

SET !EXTRACT {{!VAR1}}[EXTRACT][EXTRACT][EXTRACT]{{!VAR3}}[EXTRACT]{{!VAR2}}
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT ...
But if you don't do any Data Manipulation on each/any Extract, it's easier to extract your Fields in the correct order directly and to let iMacros handle the Content of '!EXTRACT', but you have Full Control anyway if you need that...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tamilselvan

Post by Tamilselvan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:32 am

Officially I went out. I couldn't reply to get further . I will be back in a week. Please grand me.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:05 am

Tamilselvan wrote:Officially I went out. I couldn't reply to get further . I will be back in a week. Please grand me.
OK... 8)