iMacros v12 + Windows 10, certificate dialog missing

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tasagore

iMacros v12 + Windows 10, certificate dialog missing

Post by Tasagore » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi

I'm trying to record a macro in a webpage that askd for a certificate but the app does not detect that dialog so if I record the macro and try to reproduce it, fails.

Tested with imacro browser, imacros for iexplorer and imacros for chrome, is there any way to grab the certificate dialog?

Macro example (Chrome version):

1 VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
2 URL GOTO=https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... ZP01.shtml
3 TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Alta<SP>de<SP>poder<SP>general<SP>para<SP>trámites<SP>tribut*
4 TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Con<SP>certificado<SP>electrónico<SP>de<SP>identificación*
Tasagore

Re: iMacros v12 + Windows 10, certificate dialog missing

Post by Tasagore » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Seems that iMacros can't manage the new certificate dialog. I've looking for a command to launch a external app and wait for its execution but as far as I can see it's not possible with iMacros. Since I need two certs in one session I can't configure IExplore to override the certificate dialog so, should this be possible with iMacros?

1) I install with a script a cert in IExplorer (no problem)
2) Launch a macro with sidebar (no problem)
3) After its execution I can change the cert installed for a new one (no problem)
4) Launch a macro with sidebar in that IExplorer instance to continue the process, this is the step that I don't know if it's possible.

Or any other way to manage certs with iMacro :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Tasagore wrote:Hi

I'm trying to record a macro in a webpage that askd for a certificate but the app does not detect that dialog so if I record the macro and try to reproduce it, fails.

Tested with imacro browser, imacros for iexplorer and imacros for chrome, is there any way to grab the certificate dialog?

Macro example (Chrome version):

Code: Select all

1	VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
2	URL GOTO=https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/tramitacion/ZP01.shtml
3	TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Alta<SP>de<SP>poder<SP>general<SP>para<SP>trámites<SP>tribut*
4	TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Con<SP>certificado<SP>electrónico<SP>de<SP>identificación*
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Hum..., always a bit "dangerous" to edit your Posts "silently", I probably wouldn't have noticed your Edit if you hadn't posted an Update, I'm pretty sure there was no Script/URL included when I had checked and approved your OP/Thread...
Tasagore wrote:Seems that iMacros can't manage the new certificate dialog. I've looking for a command to launch a external app and wait for its execution but as far as I can see it's not possible with iMacros. Since I need two certs in one session I can't configure IExplore to override the certificate dialog so, should this be possible with iMacros?

1) I install with a script a cert in IExplorer (no problem)
2) Launch a macro with sidebar (no problem)
3) After its execution I can change the cert installed for a new one (no problem)
4) Launch a macro with sidebar in that IExplorer instance to continue the process, this is the step that I don't know if it's possible.

Or any other way to manage certs with iMacro :)
OK, Thanks for the Update, URL mentioned, I will try to have a look, please mention your FCI for iMB + IE + CR, and mention as well if FF would/could be an Option for you as that will be the Browser and iMacros "Flavour" I will be using for my Tests... :idea:

Hum, the Site takes about 3 min to fully load, oh jee...!, and it doesn't seem to "really" like my Default/Prod Browser as a start (Pale Moon v26.3.3), and rather expects Users/Visitors to use IE11 or Edge... I'm nearly "impressed" they mention IE11 or Edge, that kind of Sites usually only make the Check between IE5 and Netscape v3.5, ah-ah...! :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tasagore

Post by Tasagore » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 pm

chivracq wrote: OK, Thanks for the Update, URL mentioned, I will try to have a look, please mention your FCI for iMB + IE + CR, and mention as well if FF would/could be an Option for you as that will be the Browser and iMacros "Flavour" I will be using for my Tests... :idea:
Thanks for the reply, not sure what means FCI, iMB, FF...so I'm trying to figure. I need to work with Internet Explorer 11, Firefox is not an option, Chrome could be but the preferred for this task is iExplore (11, running in Windows 10). iMacros browser doesn't seems to works for that site due the cert dialog.
Hum, the Site takes about 3 min to fully load, oh jee...!, and it doesn't seem to "really" like my Default/Prod Browser as a start (Pale Moon v26.3.3), and rather expects Users/Visitors to use IE11 or Edge... I'm nearly "impressed" they mention IE11 or Edge, that kind of Sites usually only make the Check between IE5 and Netscape v3.5, ah-ah...! :roll:
I don't know why the site runs so slowly for you, for me just load in seconds, anyway my problem is not that particular site, any that asks for a certificate has the same problem (or I don have the neccesary knowledge to solve it :) )
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Tasagore wrote:
chivracq wrote: OK, Thanks for the Update, URL mentioned, I will try to have a look, please mention your FCI for iMB + IE + CR, and mention as well if FF would/could be an Option for you as that will be the Browser and iMacros "Flavour" I will be using for my Tests... :idea:
Thanks for the reply, not sure what means FCI, iMB, FF...so I'm trying to figure. I need to work with Internet Explorer 11, Firefox is not an option, Chrome could be but the preferred for this task is iExplore (11, running in Windows 10). iMacros browser doesn't seems to works for that site due the cert dialog.
CIM/FCIM/FCI all explained in my Sig... ("Read my Sig..." means "Read my Signature...!") :roll:
iMB = iMacros Browser. // FF = Firefox. // CR = Chrome.
Tasagore wrote:
I don't know why the site runs so slowly for you, for me just load in seconds, anyway my problem is not that particular site, any that asks for a certificate has the same problem (or I don have the neccesary knowledge to solve it :) )
Hum, was maybe related to my (slow) Internet Connection at the time I just checked quickly to load that Site for the first time, part of the Site being cached by the Browser can make a big Difference in Loading Time, I'll see once you'll have mentioned your FCI...

I should be able to have a look with IE as well (if FF is not "good enough"), I have some IE11 installed indeed and I need to install once iMacros for IE (=> will be v12.0) for some other Thread on the Forum as well, specific to IE11 + iMacros for IE v12.0.

But I've never "really" dealt with Certs (specifically in Combination with iMacros), so I don't have any "specific" Knowledge about Certs either..., I always thought, once a Cert has been (manually) installed, it remains valid for the next Visits, I never had to switch between Certs, so I don't "promise" anything, ah-ah...! :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tasagore

Post by Tasagore » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:16 am

chivracq wrote:But I've never "really" dealt with Certs (specifically in Combination with iMacros), so I don't have any "specific" Knowledge about Certs either..., I always thought, once a Cert has been (manually) installed, it remains valid for the next Visits, I never had to switch between Certs, so I don't "promise" anything, ah-ah...! :wink:
If you only have one cert you can configure IE11 to use it without prompt but if you have two certs you'll be allways prompted to choose the one that you want use for that session. Also if you need to sign some process the browser will ask again for the right cert.

And that's the problem, seems that iMacros can't manage the cert dialog. I've read about ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG (https://wiki.imacros.net/ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG) but seems that it doesn't work, at least with Windows 10.

Thanks for your help!