Popup handling

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
onzitam

Popup handling

Post by onzitam » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:33 am

I have been using iOpus Internet macros for some time now.
Great tool I have to say.
The only problem that I have had until now is recording a macro for this website

URL: https://pc-easynet.policecredit.com.au/easyaccess/

Clicking on LogIn link opens popup
https://pc-easynet.policecredit.com.au/ ... /Login.asp
I tried different TAB commands (TAB OPEN, TAB T=2 est.) but it seems I can handle the popup.
I tried to start recording from Login.asp window with no any success.

Any suggestions
Tech Support

Resizing browser window

Post by Tech Support » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:40 pm

The login dialog of this website contains some Javascript that resizes the login dialog to the maximum browser size, thus covering all IIM controls:

During recording the solution is to resize the browser a bit. This refreshs the screen and shows the controls again:

To avoid this situation during the macro replay, add two SIZE commands to the macro that differ by 1 pixel. This will trigger the screen refresh automatically:

Code: Select all

SIZE X=500 Y=400
SIZE X=500 Y=401   
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:49 pm

Also, this specific page shows another issue that is unrelated to the above mentioned "resize" issue:

The login page seems to contain some Java and/or Flash elements. This causes the automatic "best clickmode" detection to switch to WINCLICK. However, to enter the data in the login/password fields the normal TAG command is sufficient and recommended.

Solution: Change the clickmode (http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/recording.htm ) from automatic to "Use Link Name" before recording your login at this page.
onzitam

Post by onzitam » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:42 am

yep that helped
but I still experienced problems to replay the macro from IE
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:48 pm

Does the macro work in the IIM browser?

What error do you get with the IE-plugin?