Task scheduler

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cheal

Task scheduler

Post by cheal » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:48 am

Windows 10 pro 64bit
Imacro 10.0.2.2823
Imacro chrome 9.444
Imacro Firefox 9.0.3
Firefox version 55.0.3
Chrome version 66.0.3359.117

I have a .iim imacro file that I want to run from task scheduler. I can get it to run with imacro browser but as there are no adblockers is running very slow. The macro takes screen grabs from some website which have a lot of adverts on.
I want to it to run in Firefox. I have tried running it through a bat file but when it runs just opens up Firefox and I can see the macro code in the pane, the actual code does not run.
If I manually open Firefox and click on the macro it runs fine.
My knowledge of how to run bat files and task scheduler are livery limited, ie searchin* for examples on google.
chivracq

Re: Task scheduler

Post by chivracq » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm

cheal wrote:

Code: Select all

Windows 10 pro 64bit
Imacro 10.0.2.2823
Imacro chrome 9.444
Imacro Firefox 9.0.3
Firefox version 55.0.3
Chrome version 66.0.3359.117
I have a .iim imacro file that I want to run from task scheduler. I can get it to run with imacro browser but as there are no adblockers is running very slow. The macro takes screen grabs from some website which have a lot of adverts on.
I want to it to run in Firefox. I have tried running it through a bat file but when it runs just opens up Firefox and I can see the macro code in the pane, the actual code does not run.
If I manually open Firefox and click on the macro it runs fine.
My knowledge of how to run bat files and task scheduler are livery limited, ie searchin* for examples on google.
Oh...!, I was going to reply but opening Duplicates of a Thread is always a "Show-killer" for me...! :roll:
=> Delete first your Duplicate... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
cheal

Post by cheal » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Deleted.
I am not sure how that happened, certainly was not intentional.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:25 pm

cheal wrote:Deleted.
I am not sure how that happened, certainly was not intentional.
OK, good...

Hum, you mention v9.444 for CR, but this Version doesn't exist, you probably mean v8.4.4 for CR.

But your Qt is more about FF anyway..., you could have posted your '.BAT' File maybe..., but the Answer/Explanation to your Qt is I think that the 'run m=' Syntax you need for the Command Line was not supported in v9.0.3 for FF anymore, so you would need to go back to v8.9.7 for FF (which still works on FF v55.0.3, that's the exact FCI I use myself (on Win10_x64))...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
cheal

Post by cheal » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi, great thanks, reverting back to v8.9.7 worked. I did not post my bat file as I had tried that many variants I did not know what to post.
Seems imacro is going backwards, why take away the ability to run it from bat file?
Yes sorry v8.444 not 9, actually mine says it’s 10 but I inserted the files from 8.444 so I could read cvs files.
Thanks again though, problem solved.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:33 am

cheal wrote:Hi, great thanks, reverting back to v8.9.7 worked. I did not post my bat file as I had tried that many variants I did not know what to post.
Seems imacro is going backwards, why take away the ability to run it from bat file?
Yes sorry v8.444 not 9, actually mine says it’s 10 but I inserted the files from 8.444 so I could read cvs files.
Thanks again though, problem solved.
OK, good to hear (about v8.9.7), like I thought... :D

Well, posting your Script or '.BAT' is always "useful", either for Advanced Users like me just to make sure your '.BAT' file is "correct" (which I suspected as you were able to launch FF), or for "other" Users looking for an Example of a working '.BAT' File... (even if I've posted my own many times already, ah-ah...!)

Well, "going backwards", pfff yeah I don't know, I'm asking myself a bit the same Qt...!, v9.0.3 came out of the blue one day because Mozilla had introduced Multi-Process, and there had been 2x v9.0.1b + v9.0.2b Beta Versions before offered to Beta-Testing but that were so limited and so buggy that all a bit Advanced Beta-Testers quickly reverted to v8.9.7 as most Scripts were directly broken in those 2 Versions so there was not much that could be tested, and when v9.0.3 got released, ... and directly pushed to the FF-Add-ons Gallery, it was actually (more or less...?) the same Version like v9.0.2b with the same Limitations and Bugs..., and so, new Bugs still keep coming out regularly as even this Version never got "properly" tested... (I never bothered to install it myself, ah-ah...! (I actually still use an even older Version myself for my own "Prod" Env.: v8.8.2, I only "maintain" an Env. with v8.9.7 for the Forum...))
+ Still no Version for FF57(+), while FF57 came out in Novb 2017, that's already nearly 6 months ago...! :shock: