iMacros/SQL Deadlock

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

iMacros/SQL Deadlock

by BarryTheBaptist on Tue May 01, 2018 6:02 am

Hello Everyone,

I've been using a simple script for obtaining resources on a website which runs basically on a model who ever click on resource first when it appears gets to keep it and it locks down for other users trying to do the same, first come first serve.
Lately I've run into an issue even I click on it first, I get SQL deadlock ( Transaction was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. ). I've read a lot on SQL deadlocks and SQL basically chooses deadlock victim with least log space used.
My point boils down to this, is there an option on imacros to increase log space that requires to handle my request so I don't get picked as deadlock victim all the time.

Thank you.

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAB T=1
REFRESH
wait seconds=0.5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=5 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:

iMacros version 844
Windows 2012 R2
Browser Chrome.
Last edited by BarryTheBaptist on Tue May 01, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BarryTheBaptist

Re: iMacros script

by chivracq on Tue May 01, 2018 8:10 am

BarryTheBaptist wrote:Hello Everyone,

I've been using a simple script for obtaining resources on a website which runs basically on a model who ever click on resource first when it appears gets to keep it and it locks down for other users trying to do the same, first come first serve.
Lately I've run into an issue even I click on it first, I get SQL deadlock ( Transaction was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. ). I've read a lot on SQL deadlocks and SQL basically chooses deadlock victim with least log space used.
My point boils down to this, is there an option on imacros to increase log space that requires to handle my request so I don't get picked as deadlock victim all the time.

Thank you.

Code: Select all
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAB T=1
REFRESH
wait seconds=0.5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:
wait seconds=0.1
TAG POS=5 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:

iMacros version 844
Windows 2012 R2
Browser Chrome.

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (CR Version missing...)

And hum, "iMacros Script" as a Thread Title sounds like you've finally found the correct Forum on the whooooooole Woooorld Wiiiiide Internet after several looooong hours of heavy Research, well done...! That will be some exciting Story to tell your grand-grand-Kids in 50 years...! :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by BarryTheBaptist on Tue May 01, 2018 8:40 am

Damn, forgot again....
iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 2012 R2 x64
BarryTheBaptist

by chivracq on Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 am

BarryTheBaptist wrote:Damn, forgot again....
iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows  2012 R2 x64

Yep, you should "know" me by now, ah-ah...! :wink:

So, OK, perfect for your FCI, but you missed a bit the (supposedly? funny) part about how you are going to narrate your big-big Adventures related to this very precise Thread in 50 years from now... :wink:
Think I am from the Future and you meet me in 50 years, how would you explain to me what your Thread was about...!?, in Max 64 Chars, and preferably Max 60 Chars...?, because I don't get really wiser for the moment from your "iMacros Script" Thread Title, I have absolutely no clue whatsoever what your Thread is about... :?
(And when the Thread Title doesn't tell me anything about the Content of the Thread, I'm very "stupid" but I don't read the Content, oops...! :oops: )

If that can help you, you can try searching the Forum using "imacros + script" as Keywords..., the Solution to your Pb/Qt is certainly among the Search Results...! :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

Re: iMacros/SQL deadlock

by BarryTheBaptist on Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 am

Yes indeed I do :D
BarryTheBaptist

Re: iMacros/SQL deadlock

by chivracq on Tue May 01, 2018 5:18 pm

BarryTheBaptist wrote:Yes indeed I do :D

Oh..., back from Evening, but sorry "Thread Title" = also and SPECIFICALLY actually THE Title of the FIRST Post in a Thread, that's THE "Thread Title"...!!!, pfff, take 3 min to check a bit how the Forum works (or any Technical Forum actually), you will win-win-win in return if you are a mini-little-mini-little "clever", pfff...!
Pfff, getting a little bit fed up, everything is taking a little bit too long in this Thread, and I've been very nice to you until now, I usually say stg like "fuck it up" if @OP didn't understood my Feedback after my 2nd Reply...
=> Can you CONCENTRATE a little bit and do "Things" a little bit correctly from now on...!?
(Hum, Thread is about "SQL Deadlocks", I saw, oh yeah...!, ah-ah...!)

Sorry, but if you had not understood before, BUT I don't read/answer Threads with a stupid (= Non Descriptive) Thread Title, + FCI not mentioned, and if the Thread is about Spam/Hacking/DDOS or Games/Votes or Social Media for Fake Like/Comment/Follow... You got the "Picture" now...

And I usually ask Max 2x to comply with those Conds, I think I'm already at 4x with you... in this Thread..., and this is not your first Thread anymore, First Time Forum Posters usually get a +1, ah-ah...! 8)

I now know what your Thread is about, but I still won't answer it until "the Thread" is a bit correct and useful for other Users as well...
=> Descriptive Thread Title starting to make sense...!? :idea:
(And you've already kind of lost about 24h before you will get some "real" Answer about your Qt, ah-ah...!)
Going to sleep now, I hope your Thread finally looks like a "correct" Thread for our Forum... (for me tomorrow when I will check it again...)
... And you can always try SOF (Stackoverflow) otherwise if you don't like my "Style", could be an Idea actually, I honestly don't have an Answer ready about "SQL Deadlocks", I'll need to do some Research/Thinking myself as well... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Tue May 08, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: iMacros

by chivracq on Wed May 02, 2018 6:47 am

Well, and...?, is it so complicated to edit your Thread Title (that's the Title of your completely first Post in the Thread)...!? :shock:
If you look at your Thread from the ('General') "Sub-Forum" View, that's the Title we see for your Thread, and this is the most "important" Title that must be Descriptive...
And this also the Title that "other" Users will see when they search the Forum...

But I see that you've managed to edit it a little bit, as it is now called "iMacros" against "iMacros script" previously, but "iMacros" is still a "useless" Thread Title... :roll: , absolutely ALL Threads on our Forum are about "iMacros"...! The Title you gave later to one of the Posts in the middle of the Thread with "SQL Deadlocks" was perfect that one... :idea:

Hurry up a bit, I think your Qt/Thread is interesting, but I'm losing patience/interest a little bit..., if modifying your Thread Title is so "complicated" already, I'm already "fearing" the worst about what is going to happen when we start "tackling" SQL Deadlocks, this is going to become "epic", ah-ah...! :shock:
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions