Multiple tabs not working on IE11

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jackofalltrades

Multiple tabs not working on IE11

Post by jackofalltrades » Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi guys

I have a really simple problem, hope someone can help please!

I am now using iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) Version 12.0.501.6698

Internet Explorer version: 11.431.16299.0

I can't get multiple tabs to work correctly. Whenever I open a second tab, the macro just continues on the first tab.

For instance I have tried this simple example I found elsewhere on this forum - I can't get it to work, everything just happens on the first tab:

VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698
' open a webpage in the first tab
URL GOTO=http://www.iopus.com
' open a new tab
TAB OPEN
' get new tab to foreground
TAB T=2
' load another page
URL GOTO=http://www.google.com

I have tried changing Internet Options within IE, for example selecting 'Always open pop-ups in a new tab'.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Jack
chivracq

Re: Multiple tabs not working on IE11

Post by chivracq » Sat May 12, 2018 12:20 am

jackofalltrades wrote:Hi guys

I have a really simple problem, hope someone can help please!

I am now using

Code: Select all

iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) Version 12.0.501.6698
Internet Explorer version: 11.431.16299.0
I can't get multiple tabs to work correctly. Whenever I open a second tab, the macro just continues on the first tab.

For instance I have tried this simple example I found elsewhere on this forum - I can't get it to work, everything just happens on the first tab:

' open a new tab 
TAB OPEN 
' get new tab to foreground 
TAB T=2 
' load another page 
I have tried changing Internet Options within IE, for example selecting 'Always open pop-ups in a new tab'.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Jack
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (OS missing...!)

Hum, iMacros for IE v12.0 + IE11 is a "Standard" Env., v12.0 has been "around" for nearly 1 year already and what you want is Standard Functionality as well, it must be "working" or we would have gotten many-many Threads already about "that"... :?

I would say, try adding a 'TAB T=1' at the beginning of your Script, which automatically gets recorded anyway, dunno why you've removed it...?
When "playing" / switching with/between Tabs, it's Good Practice anyway to tell your Script with a 'TAB T=1' at the beginning where it starts from and which Tab is TAB_1...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jackofalltrades

Post by jackofalltrades » Sat May 12, 2018 6:23 am

Thanks for that.

Sorry just to complete the info:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.42000
Internet Explorer version 11.431.16299.0
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
BrowserEmulation Mode = 7
iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) version 12.0.501.6698

My amended script is as follows:
TAB T=1
' open a new tab
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2

Still can't get it to work!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 12, 2018 4:10 pm

jackofalltrades wrote:Thanks for that.

Sorry just to complete the info:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.42000
Internet Explorer version 11.431.16299.0
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
BrowserEmulation Mode = 7
iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) version 12.0.501.6698
My amended script is as follows:

TAB T=1
' open a new tab 
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
Still can't get it to work!
Yeah, I guess the OS won't/shouldn't play a role..., although..., you never know between IE and WinOS...
No idea what this "CLR" is btw...

But OK..., you managed to "seduce" me to (finally...!) install iMacros for IE (v12.0501.6698_x64 as well), and I have IE v11.371 installed (+ Win10_x64). Pfff...!, complete hassle to install what is "supposed to be" a simple Add-on... (Had to register with E-mail Address before reaching the Download Page after I don't know how many Clicks, then run a complete Installer that first needed to download and install as well some 'Visual C++ 2015 v14.0' Component, and iMacros for IE needs to be started apart from IE, not very intuitive all that part...)
But OK, finally got iMacros for IE v12.0 to work, even if I regularly get some "RPC Server is not available" Errors, and IE gets constantly mixed up between http and https Secure/Non-Secure Content, and I recorded/edited a similar Script like yours:

TAB T=1
'TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
'SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.00
URL GOTO=https://www.bing.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SEARCH ATTR=NAME:q CONTENT=iMacros
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT ATTR=NAME:go
'
TAB OPEN
'New tab opened
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=2
URL GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/
'
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:General<SP>Support<SP>&<SP>Discussions
'
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Multiple<SP>tabs<SP>not<SP>working<SP>on<SP>IE11
But..., it works fine for me, concerning the TAB_2 part... I don't know then what your Pb might be...
I never use IE, so I never customized/tweaked it, I must be using all Default Settings, I reckon...
Ah..., apparently no..., in IE 'Internet Options', 'General' Tab, 'Tabs', 'Restore defaults' => I see I had disabled (=unchecked) "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" if I do a "Restore defaults"... (And I disable it again...!)

Hum, trying to run my mini-Macro again after resetting those Options to Default, and again:

Error -1000: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA). Line 5: URL GOTO=https://www.bing.com/
Looks pretty buggy to me anyway, ah-ah...! :shock:
And a Triple-Click in the iMacros Editor doesn't work, grrr...!, I use it all the time...!!

But OK, I kill everything and restart iMacros for IE (oh...!, that starts IE together with it, OK, and the iMacros Sidebar gets resized each time to some mini-Size, grrr..., annoying...!, hum..., and closing the iMacros Sidebar closes IE as well together, ah-ah...!), but my mini-Script works again... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
jackofalltrades

Post by jackofalltrades » Sat May 12, 2018 9:21 pm

Thanks again.

So another really dumb question - how do I get the sidebar from the iMacros Personal edition, to use another browser (ideally Chrome) instead of IE?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat May 12, 2018 11:35 pm

jackofalltrades wrote:Thanks again.

So another really dumb question - how do I get the sidebar from the iMacros Personal edition, to use another browser (ideally Chrome) instead of IE?
But hum, you now know that some Default IE + iMacros for IE v12.0 works a bit correctly concerning your Tab Switch Pb... But I seem to be using some a bit older IE Version than you, dunno how it comes, I never use IE like I mentioned, but I would expect Windows-Update to make sure they update IE when they want...

I have Win10-Home_x64, and Win10-Home is a complete "fuck-in-the-ass" for Updates, I have absolutely no Control (and when) what is being updated... I'm a DJ/VJ IRL and I sometimes need to reboot my Laptop in the middle of a DJ-Set because I use it in some fairly "extreme" way, with 2-4-5 Videos playing at the same time + 1-2-3 "Audio-Sounds" in parallel, and some Remixing as well to make everybody "happy", but a Reboot is always a "Russian Roulette" if Win-Update won't decide exactly at that time to update my Laptop and will "abduct" it for up to 2 hours before I get the hand on it again... (Has already happened to me...!)
OK, that was my mini-Rant at Win10, ah-ah...!! :wink:
Last Win Version I use I think, as I guess next Win Versions will even be worse, I'm techie enough to want to have Control on my Laptop and to decide myself if and when I want to update it... Same with Browser actually, my "Prod" Browser is Pale Moon v24.6.6 (+iMacros for FF v8.8.2) that most shitty Web-Sites "detect" as FF24, then "ouh-ouh...!, unsafe...!, Browser is old and not up-to-date...!" I know what I'm doing, I probably have the best efficient Env. with iMacros from all 25,000 Users on the Forum, for Speed and Reliability, I'm even willing to compete/benchmark with TechSup if anybody "dares", ah-ah...!! :twisted:

But OK..., hum, still possible to troubleshoot your Pb @jackofalltrades, if you want, would need to know it the 'TAB OPEN' or the 'TAB T=2' is not working..., after you've tried first like me to reset your IE Tab Options to their Default like I did, if that doesn't help...

>

Hum, I quote you again, ah-ah...!:
jackofalltrades wrote:... - how do I get the sidebar from the iMacros Personal edition, to use another browser (ideally Chrome) instead of IE?
Euh..., the only "Personal Edition" at the moment is for iMacros for CR v10.0, well afaik..., I only use iMacros for FF (Free Add-on) for myself, so I don't really care/follow (about) the Licensing Model, and I'm a "private User", oh yeah btw, I had a look at the License Agreement when I installed IE [FREEWARE] for IE v12.0, oh dear...!, full of inconsistencies, written by some "wannabe Lawyer", I saved it in some Temp File to read it completely when I'm bored or feeling a bit "down", stg I never do "normally", ah-ah... :shock:

But..., nope, the iMacros Sidebar for IE is only for IE.
For FF and CR, both Browsers/Add-ons have their own Sidebar...
CR would be my last choice to be honest, v8.4.4 for CR was the first Version for CR a little bit "Stable", but still so buggy...!, I have it installed only for the Forum (+ CR66 now), I can hardly believe People use it, I find 20 Bugs in 20 sec each time I "need" to run a Test for the Forum, and v10.0 is only at the Level of v8.4.4 if you have the 'PE' Version indeed, otherwise FIO is disabled and you can't use a DataSource or do any 'SAVEAS'... (+ limited to 50 Lines / 50 Loops, I don't know exactly...).

Stable/Recommended Env. at this moment (still...!, even if there has been absolutely not one single new Feature/Functionality/Command implemented since v8.8.2), is iMacros for FF v8.9.7 + FF v55.0.3 (up to FF56 is OK, doesn't work anymore on FF57(+)), some v10.xb (Beta) will be released before the end of May 2018 for FF57+, and for the "Public" by the end of June 2018, is the "Planning", according to TechSup... 8)
But hum, v9.0.x was a bit of a "Joke" compared to v8.9.7, I expect v10.x to only work again on FF57+, I fear all the Limitations and Bugs in v9.0.3 will remain as this v9.0.3 Version never got tested "properly" as most "serious" Users quickly reverted within a few hours or maybe days to v8.9.7 when it got deployed to all FF Users...

And if you go for "Performance" + "Speed" + "Reliability" (including "No Memory-Leaks"...!), follow a bit the Posts by myself and @thecoder2012, we are the 2 "Advanced" Users a bit active on the Forum at the moment, and we both use Pale Moon (v24.6.6 for me, v25.0 for him I think) or WaterFox (v55.0) + iMacros for FF v8.8.2 (for me on PM24) / v8.8.7 / v8.9.7. Nobody is using v9.0.3.
We don't use "plain" FF and certainly not CR..., beurkkk...!! :shock:
Other Advanced User @iimfun was a great "Fan" of CR (+ v8.4.4), but he's not been very active on the Forum since a few months anymore, so I don't know what his Opinion is by now...
Last edited by chivracq on Mon May 14, 2018 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:51 am

chivracq wrote:Yeah, I guess the OS won't/shouldn't play a role..., although..., you never know between IE and WinOS...
I have IE11 with Win8.1, IE10 with Windows Server 2012 and Win10 Pro with IE11. But no issues with all examples in this thread. But I have only security updates with Win 10 for 12 months and for tests only.
chivracq wrote:I have Win10-Home_x64, and Win10-Home is a complete "fuck-in-the-ass" for Updates, I have absolutely no Control (and when) what is being updated...
OK, that was my mini-Rant at Win10, ah-ah...!! :wink:
Yes all official Win10-Home solutions without tools (or tricks) are bad. But "when" is a little better since months (notification with time) but not really good.
chivracq wrote:Last Win Version I use I think, as I guess next Win Versions will even be worse, I'm techie enough to want to have Control on my Laptop and to decide myself if and when I want to update it...
Win10 Enterprise and your control is better. :lol:
Or you can use tools like O&O ShutUp10 without Enterprise for your Win10-Home. And yes you can stop all updates with this tool (or enterprise) but I'm no Win10 friend.
chivracq wrote:Same with Browser actually, my "Prod" Browser is Pale Moon v24.6.6 (+iMacros for FF v8.8.2) that most shitty Web-Sites "detect" as FF24, then "ouh-ouh...!, unsafe...!, Browser is old and not up-to-date...!" I know what I'm doing, I probably have the best efficient Env. with iMacros from all 25,000 Users on the Forum, for Speed and Reliability, I'm even willing to compete/benchmark with TechSup if anybody "dares", ah-ah...!! :twisted:
Pale Moon and better Useragent is helpful. See Eclipsed Moon for Pale Moon or User Agent Overrider (v0.2.4.1). :wink:
I have tested all Browsers and iMacros with WinFSP (memory ramdisk as memfs, open source or as freeware SoftPerfect RAM Disk) and the speed is really fast (with enough ram). But Pale Moon was not always the number one in all tests, few yes. :shock:
And I use WinFSP with Rclone with remote servers and NSSM (see rclone mount right problem under windows).
chivracq wrote:Stable/Recommended Env. at this moment (still...!, even if there has been absolutely not one single new Feature/Functionality/Command implemented since v8.8.2), is iMacros for FF v8.9.7 + FF v55.0.3 (up to FF56 is OK, doesn't work anymore on FF57(+)), some v10.xb (Beta) will be released before the end of May 2018 for FF57+, and for the "Public" by the end of June 2018, is the "Planning", according to TechSup... 8)
Same with Firebug (no hope) but I have hope for iMacros and FF57+ :)
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea: