Using !NOW

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tonnyb01

Using !NOW

Post by tonnyb01 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:11 am

W7 32bit. Browser and Desktop Program
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Many existing macros work fine.
Demos work fine

I've entered the following in a script

!NOW:yyyy-mm-dd<SP>hhh<SP>nnmin

and am getting a syntax error? "SyntaxError: can not parse macro line 8: !NOW:yyyy-mm-dd<SP>hhh<SP>nnmin"

I got this code from the wiki. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
chivracq

Re: Using !NOW

Post by chivracq » Sun May 20, 2018 12:46 am

tonnyb01 wrote:

Code: Select all

W7 32bit. Browser and Desktop Program
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (32-bit)
Many existing macros work fine.
Demos work fine

I've entered the following in a script

!NOW:yyyy-mm-dd<SP>hhh<SP>nnmin
and am getting a syntax error?

"SyntaxError: can not parse macro line 8: !NOW:yyyy-mm-dd<SP>hhh<SP>nnmin"
I got this code from the wiki. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
No need to kind of spam the Forum by opening Duplicates in different Sub-Forums...!, that will certainly NOT speed up getting an Answer, on the contrary, that's usually a "Show-stopper" for me to answer Threads... :roll:
Your Pb has very probably nothing specific to CR, unless you have tested and can mention that your Script works OK in some other Browser(s) or in a previous Version... => The 'General' Sub-Forum is the correct one...
=> Can you delete your Duplicate...?

FCIM...! (Read my Sig...)
=> Your iMacros Version is missing... (And if using v10.0.1, mention as well 'Free'/'PE'.)
Last edited by chivracq on Sun May 20, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
tonnyb01

Post by tonnyb01 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Forgive my ignorance. I have close to no experience in forums and close to zero here. So I posted in the top level first and found the sub forum after and reposted there.
For me, much of this is counter intuitive. Perhaps its my lack of experience.

1) How do I delete a post? I don't see a delete button?
2) What is Fb CR, Sig?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 20, 2018 1:50 pm

tonnyb01 wrote:Forgive my ignorance. I have close to no experience in forums and close to zero here. So I posted in the top level first and found the sub forum after and reposted there.
For me, much of this is counter intuitive. Perhaps its my lack of experience.

1) How do I delete a post? I don't see a delete button?
2) What is Fb CR, Sig?
To delete a Post (and the whole Thread if it's the first Post in that Thread), simply 'EDIT' that Post and you have a 'Delete Post' CB at the Top... + 'Submit'.
But you can delete a Post only as long as nobody has posted after you in that Thread..., so hurry up a bit in case sbd posts after you or you'll have to wait until the Forum Admin checks the Forum, which happens once a week... :!:

FF=Firefox
CR=Chrome (+ 'PE' = 'Personal Edition')
Sig=Signature
'>
CB=CheckBox
sbd=somebody
stg=something

>>>

:arrow: Oh...!, and stg else, it would be "nice" if you could finish your previous Thread "a bit correctly" and with a Solution/Explanation..., I remember that Thread from 2 years ago (even if I didn't intervene in it as other Advanced User @iimfun was already helping you), and I was as "puzzled" as @iimfun what could be wrong, but I guess you managed to solve it as at some point you didn't follow up anymore and didn't share the Solution/Explanation/Final Script... :wink:

>>>
I have close to no experience in forums and close to zero here.
Hum..., not completely true, as you joined the Forum 2 years ago already..., so you had the time to check the Forum from time to time and to read a few Threads... (= Best way to improve your Knowledge about iMacros btw...)

The Answer to your current Question is trivial btw..., you would find the Solution by yourself if you simply read a few Threads on the Forum... (or if you had read the Wiki Page until the end, ah-ah...!) :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
tonnyb01

Post by tonnyb01 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Oh...!, and stg else, it would be "nice" if you could finish your previous Thread "a bit correctly" and with a Solution/Explanation..., I remember that Thread from 2 years ago (even if I didn't intervene in it as other Advanced User @iimfun was already helping you), and I was as "puzzled" as @iimfun what could be wrong, but I guess you managed to solve it as at some point you didn't follow up anymore and didn't share the Solution/Explanation/Final Script...
No, despite his sincere attempts, it was never solved.
Hum..., not completely true,
My statement stands. I have close to no experience in forums and close to zero here.
The Answer to your current Question is trivial btw..., you would find the Solution by yourself if you simply read a few Threads on the Forum...
To me it is not trivial. And I read the whole page and was unable to find the solution.

Thanks for your help.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Hum, OK, strange... (about your previous Thread), then you should have followed up a bit longer at that time, I completely agree(d) with @iimfun's Solution (and further Troubleshooting), it should have worked... If you still want a Solution for that Thread, you can still bump it with some mini-Update, and if @iimfun doesn't catch up (he's not been very active on the Forum anymore since a few months), I'll be willing to "take over"...

Yeah well, concerning this current Thread, you first need to delete the Duplicate like I already asked for me to help you further... :roll:
And I asked you to mention as well your iMacros for CR Version, but you didn't comply either...

(I'm sorry but I only help Users who use the Forum "a bit correctly", and "a bit correctly" means "No Duplicates" + "FCI mentioned" (especially if I ask) + "Neat Follow-up".... (And trying to help Users who cannot count until 3 is usually a waste of time for everybody, is my "Experience", ah-ah...! :shock: ))
tonnyb01

Post by tonnyb01 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:32 pm

And trying to help Users who cannot count until 3
"Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions..."
I still not sure what your mean? 3 versions of what? Your statement is ambiguous/poorly structured.

What are your doing? I came here for help not an argument your assumptions or your condescension. If you can't help me than move on. I'll reach out to tech support if needed.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 20, 2018 6:09 pm

tonnyb01 wrote:
And trying to help Users who cannot count until 3
"Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions..."
I still not sure what your mean? 3 versions of what? Your statement is ambiguous/poorly structured.

What are your doing? I came here for help not an argument your assumptions or your condescension. If you can't help me than move on. I'll reach out to tech support if needed.
OK, fair enough..., good luck further then..., "Spammer", ah-ah...! 8)

Hum, but OK, still being nice..., like I mentioned, the Answer to your Qt for this Thread is TRI---VIAL...!, the Answer is in the Wiki for '!NOW' if you bothered to read that Page until the end...! :idea:

(Even if hum..., you might hit some other mini-Pb once you'll have found the correct Syntax to use, I noticed already one obvious Documentation Error on that Page, and there might be a 2nd one, but I don't bother to test if I'm correct and it's very easy to circumvent it anyway if you hit it...)