Wait until submit button is available

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
MaryJaneWatson

Wait until submit button is available

Post by MaryJaneWatson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:27 am

Hello Folks, I am new to iMacros and love this extension to my browser so much but i know little to nothing about coding.

I'm on this website where you have to wait for a timer to hit 0 and a button becomes available for clicking.
The Class becomes visible and active as soon as time timer hits 0. As soon as you click on that class (link) the page forwards to another page where there is 1 more link you need to hit for submitting the form. How can I possibly make a macro to wait until the class becomes available and automatically clicks it and then does the rest? I hope someone can help me and thank you very very much!
chivracq

Re: Wait until submit button is available

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:05 am

MaryJaneWatson wrote:Hello Folks, I am new to iMacros and love this extension to my browser so much but i know little to nothing about coding.

I'm on this website where you have to wait for a timer to hit 0 and a button becomes available for clicking.
The Class becomes visible and active as soon as time timer hits 0. As soon as you click on that class (link) the page forwards to another page where there is 1 more link you need to hit for submitting the form. How can I possibly make a macro to wait until the class becomes available and automatically clicks it and then does the rest? I hope someone can help me and thank you very very much!
Yeah..., "my browser" + "this website" is always already pretty vague for a Technical Forum, tja...! :roll:

=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

But have a look at the '!TIMEOUT_xxx' Commands I would think, from your vague Scenario... :idea:

(And you'll find several Threads related to a Count-Down Timer, if you search the Forum a wee bit as well... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
MaryJaneWatson

Post by MaryJaneWatson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:45 pm

chivracq wrote:
MaryJaneWatson wrote:Hello Folks, I am new to iMacros and love this extension to my browser so much but i know little to nothing about coding.

Yeah..., "my browser" + "this website" is always already pretty vague for a Technical Forum, tja...! :roll:

=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

But have a look at the '!TIMEOUT_xxx' Commands I would think, from your vague Scenario... :idea:

(And you'll find several Threads related to a Count-Down Timer, if you search the Forum a wee bit as well... :idea: )
Unfortunately it did not work, the webpage needs to be refreshed otherwise the content won't show up. And it should keep refreshing the webpage until the content (in this case a submit button) appears on the page and then proceed to click that submit button.

I will try to explain the whole situation here

if -> the timer disappears of the webpage and a button appears instead of it, it should click.
else -> wait until it appears
problem here = tag is hidden, but imacros will still hit it even if the button is not displayed yet. So it does work, but the timer needs to be waited anyways. |t should wait until the button is available for clicking.

Next the page goes to another page where you have to hit the submit button. The script will do it, but sometimes the submit button won't appear, here the page needs to refresh until the submit button appears on the website. So content change won't help, the entire webpage needs a clean F5 refresh if button doesn't appear or load. It should continue hitting the submit button as soon as it does appear and the script should end there.

I hope that clears a bit up.
Last edited by MaryJaneWatson on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:52 pm

You could better follow-up on your Thread (that you checked many times today), by mentioning your FCI + maybe posting your Script with what you've tried, I already gave you the Solution actually..., instead of "spamming" the Forum by opening a Duplicate..., in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum where your Thread doesn't belong at all as it has nothing specific to FF... :roll:

- Wait for content to appear on page
MaryJaneWatson wrote:I am on this website that has a countdown timer that will hit 0 and content will appear on the page.
The problem is that the tag is already available but hidden. It will display once the timer really hits 0 and disappears and the button shows up.

How can I make this work. I am new here. Hope someone can help thank you.
(Thread has been reported and will be deleted by the Forum Admin as I cannot delete it myself...)
(You can still delete it yourself as long as nobody replies after you... :idea: )

No Follow-up + Duplicate(s) is a "Show-killer" for me to help Users, good luck with other (Advanced) Users now... :wink:

>>>

EDIT:
Oh...!, some Follow-up while I was typing my Reply:
MaryJaneWatson wrote:Unfortunately it did not work, the webpage needs to be refreshed otherwise the content won't show up. And it should keep refreshing the webpage until the content (in this case a submit button) appears on the page and then proceed to click that submit button.
Yeah, but sorry, "CIM" again for me to follow up..., and delete your Duplicate...! :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
MaryJaneWatson

Post by MaryJaneWatson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 pm

chivracq wrote:You could better follow-up on your Thread (that you checked many times today), by mentioning your FCI + maybe posting your Script with what you've tried, I already gave you the Solution actually..., instead of "spamming" the Forum by opening a Duplicate..., in the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum where your Thread doesn't belong at all as it has nothing specific to FF... :roll:

- Wait for content to appear on page
MaryJaneWatson wrote:I am on this website that has a countdown timer that will hit 0 and content will appear on the page.
The problem is that the tag is already available but hidden. It will display once the timer really hits 0 and disappears and the button shows up.

How can I make this work. I am new here. Hope someone can help thank you.
(Thread has been reported and will be deleted by the Forum Admin as I cannot delete it myself...)
(You can still delete it yourself as long as nobody replies after you... :idea: )

No Follow-up + Duplicate(s) is a "Show-killer" for me to help Users, good luck with other (Advanced) Users now... :wink:

>>>

EDIT:
Oh...!, some Follow-up while I was typing my Reply:
MaryJaneWatson wrote:Unfortunately it did not work, the webpage needs to be refreshed otherwise the content won't show up. And it should keep refreshing the webpage until the content (in this case a submit button) appears on the page and then proceed to click that submit button.
Yeah, but sorry, "CIM" again for me to follow up..., and delete your Duplicate...! :roll:
Sorry, first I could not find my old post but now i have found, please delete the other one it wasn't my intention.

I use iMacros VERSION BUILD=1002 RECORDER=CR with Google Chrome version 67.0.3396.99 (64 bit) and windows 10

if -> the timer disappears of the webpage and a button appears instead of it, it should click.
problem here = tag is hidden, but imacros will still hit it even if the button is not displayed yet. So it does work, but the timer needs to be waited anyways. |t should wait until the button is available for clicking.

Next the page goes to another page where you have to hit the submit button. The script will do it, but sometimes the submit button won't appear, here the page needs to refresh until the submit button appears on the website. So content change won't help, the entire webpage needs a clean F5 refresh if button doesn't appear or load. It should continue hitting the submit button as soon as it does appear and the script should end there.

I hope that clears a bit up. BTW spreekt u NL dan kan ik het misschien beter uitleggen.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 pm

MaryJaneWatson wrote:Sorry, first I could not find my old post but now i have found, please delete the other one it wasn't my intention.
Yeah, but no, I cannot delete it myself, only the Forum Admin can..., that's why I asked you to delete it yourself... (at least as long as nobody replies after you in that Thread, Reason as well why I didn't post any Comment in the Duplicate or you wouldn't be able to delete it anymore...).
=> 'Edit' on the Post and you have some 'Delete' Checkbox...

And I will read the rest only after you've deleted the Duplicate...
Hum, I see "iMacros v10.0.2 for CR", not even on FF, ah-ah...!, then I really don't get why you opened your "2nd Thread" if not really meant as a "Duplicate" that you couldn't find the original one..., in the 'FF' Sub-Forum...! :shock:

And yep, I do speak Dutch, but Forum Language is English... And your English is good enough, above the "Forum Users' Average" actually... :D
About only 10%-20% of the Forum Users "originate" from English speaking Countries (from their IP-Address), but even many Native Eng-Speakers don't even type "really correctly" with sometimes a Typo every 3rd Word, oops...! Non-Native Eng-Speakers often (try to) pay more attention to their Writing/Typing... (Hum, except all 14-16 year old "Kids" from all Countries, who all think the "wanna-wanna-gonna-gonna-gotta-gotta" Chicago Gangsta Street Kids Slang is probably very cool to use on a Tech Forum...! Well..., pfff...!, wrong...!! :mrgreen: )
MaryJaneWatson wrote:I use

Code: Select all

iMacros VERSION BUILD=1002 RECORDER=CR with Google Chrome version 67.0.3396.99 (64 bit) and windows 10

I hope that clears a bit up. BTW spreekt u NL dan kan ik het misschien beter uitleggen.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Duplicate (finally) just got deleted by Forum Admin... :D