how to check if text exist in webpage

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ericwright200

how to check if text exist in webpage

Post by ericwright200 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:55 am

Hello

i want to check if a text , for example 'unavailable' is available whithin the text of a webpage , i want to be able to run and if if that string exist and an else if not , anyone has an idea how to achieve this with imacros ?

cheers
chivracq

Re: how to check if text exist in webpage

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:36 am

ericwright200 wrote:Hello

i want to check if a text , for example 'unavailable' is available whithin the text of a webpage , i want to be able to run and if if that string exist and an else if not , anyone has an idea how to achieve this with imacros ?

cheers
"... anyone has an idea how to achieve this with imacros ? "
=> Yep of course, we are all very Advanced iMacros Users..., but we can't wait for you to share your 'How-to'... 8)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
ericwright200

Post by ericwright200 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:13 pm

chivracq wrote:
ericwright200 wrote:Hello

cheers
"... anyone has an idea how to achieve this with imacros ? "
=> Yep of course, we are all very Advanced iMacros Users..., but we can't wait for you to share your 'How-to'... 8)
very helpful
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:25 am

ericwright200 wrote:very helpful
Hum, => "You're welcome...! :D "... if meant as a Statement/mini-Thanks...!
And, => "Locate your '!' and '?' Chars"... if you were trying to be sarcastic..., when looking for Help on a Tech Forum... :idea:
(And reading the Forum Rules is of course completely "in Option", ah-ah...! 8) )
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
ericwright200

Post by ericwright200 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:42 am

chivracq wrote:
ericwright200 wrote:very helpful
Hum, => "You're welcome...! :D "... if meant as a Statement/mini-Thanks...!
And, => "Locate your '!' and '?' Chars"... if you were trying to be sarcastic..., when looking for Help on a Tech Forum... :idea:
(And reading the Forum Rules is of course completely "in Option", ah-ah...! 8) )
!!??!! i obviously haven't done any research before posting this thread !!??!!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:02 am

ericwright200 wrote:!!??!! i obviously haven't done any research before posting this thread !!??!!
Good..., then you are still in the "You're welcome" Case... :D

OK, we'll wait for your "Research" then..., hum, sounds very "impressive"...!! :lol:

(And hopefully your "Research" will include also "researching" the 'Forum Rules', you're a complete Joke until now, Darling, ah-ah....! :roll: )
ericwright200

Post by ericwright200 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:41 pm

chivracq wrote:
ericwright200 wrote:!!??!! i obviously haven't done any research before posting this thread !!??!!
Good..., then you are still in the "You're welcome" Case... :D

OK, we'll wait for your "Research" then..., hum, sounds very "impressive"...!! :lol:

(And hopefully your "Research" will include also "researching" the 'Forum Rules', you're a complete Joke until now, Darling, ah-ah....! :roll: )
you're killing me mate

1. What version of iMacros are you using? iMacros for Firefox 10.2.1450
2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language) Windows 10 - english
3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers) - firefox 62
4. Do the included demo macros work ok? yes
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 pm

ericwright200 wrote:you're killing me mate

1. What version of iMacros are you using? iMacros for Firefox 10.2.1450
2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language) Windows 10 - english
3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers) - firefox 62
4. Do the included demo macros work ok? yes
Oh, very good...! :D
Hum, will be v10.0.2.1450 then (and not v10.2.1450)... Hum, and you should mention if you are using the 'Free' or 'PE' Version... (as a lot of Functionality/Commands are not supported in the 'Free' Version...)

And your Thread Title could use some Question Mark ('?') as you are not sharing a 'How-to'..., but OK, never mind...

Yeah well, about your Qt, search the Forum a bit, we get probably every-every-every week at least one new Thread exactly like yours, so the Qt has already been asked dozens and dozens of times, with several Solutions... But the "Quality'' of most of those Threads is indeed pretty low each time, like in this current one, so the "Information" is "scattered" in different separate Threads..., there is indeed no "real good" Thread I think, containing all the different "Approaches" in just one single Thread..., so you'll have to search the Forum... :idea:

I intend "one day" to write such a 'How-to' Thread containing and explaining all the different Approaches and Solutions, but that won't be "today" yet, ah-ah...!, as I'm "waiting" for some User to ask "the Qt" a bit correctly in some "Quality Thread" one day..., with a bit of "Research" and some concrete Example(s), etc..., then I'll be "motivated" to help that User a bit "concretely" and "thoroughly"... 8)