Is there a way to record macros on the desktop?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tuoiphamdv

Post by tuoiphamdv » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Hello, I have downloaded the full trial and I want to ask if there is a way to write macros on a desktop.

According to IIM, "iMacros software is the only solution to automate all activities within a web browser, to extract data and check the web."
I was wondering if this meant that I could not write a macro to move content from text file to another application.

The question is 'winclick' is obligated to execute / create scripts that run without a browser?
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Is there a way to record macros on the desktop?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi tuoiphamdv,

No, sorry, iMacros is a web browser automation tool only. It cannot automate other applications on the desktop, for that you would need a more general purpose desktop automation tool.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support