Click button when name does (or does not) appear

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Click button when name does (or does not) appear

by dautor on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:46 pm

How do I tell iMacros to hit the next page button until a first name and last name match the one in a csv file?

I have included website image, background including testing data below, and version build.

My goal is to then to click on the element of the matching individual and hit a second 'BUTTON' (as displayed in image)

BARNES11.png

Background:
001 website contains a name (as in image) but no way to search for them other than manually going through an alphabetized list

Testing Using Automatic Mode
002 TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:ui-icon<SP>ui-icon-seek-end
003 RESULTS IN: clicking on button for next page

004 CLICKING ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
005 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:1First_Name

006 A SECOND CLICK ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
007 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:First_Name CONTENT=ONE

008 THERE ARE 10 ATTR=ID for First_Name & Last_Name

Using the imacros browser
VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, Using the iMacros Browser
Attachments
BARNES10.png
dautor

Re: Click button when name does (or does not) appear

by chivracq on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:13 pm

dautor wrote:How do I tell iMacros to hit the next page button until a first name and last name match the one in a csv file?

I have included website image, background including testing data below, and version build.

My goal is to then to click on the element of the matching individual and hit a second 'BUTTON' (as displayed in image)

BARNES11.png

Background:
001 website contains a name (as in image) but no way to search for them other than manually going through an alphabetized list

Testing Using Automatic Mode
002 TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:ui-icon<SP>ui-icon-seek-end
003 RESULTS IN: clicking on button for next page

004 CLICKING ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
005 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:1First_Name

006 A SECOND CLICK ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
007 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:First_Name CONTENT=ONE

008 THERE ARE 10 ATTR=ID for First_Name & Last_Name

Using the imacros browser
Code: Select all
VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, Using the iMacros Browser

Hum, sounds like an "interesting" Case, but your previous Thread (which sounds very similar/related to this current one) has been waiting for 1 year and 9 months for some Follow-up from your Side, which is usually a "Show-Killer" for me to help a User again, so I guess, I'll pass on this one... :shock:

>>>

Hum, and wondering what can be specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum if you are using iMB12...? :?
(Thread will probably get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum where it belongs..., but no need to duplicate now...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions