Click button when name does (or does not) appear

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dautor

Click button when name does (or does not) appear

Post by dautor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:46 pm

How do I tell iMacros to hit the next page button until a first name and last name match the one in a csv file?

I have included website image, background including testing data below, and version build.

My goal is to then to click on the element of the matching individual and hit a second 'BUTTON' (as displayed in image)
BARNES11.png
Background:
001 website contains a name (as in image) but no way to search for them other than manually going through an alphabetized list

Testing Using Automatic Mode
002 TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:ui-icon<SP>ui-icon-seek-end
003 RESULTS IN: clicking on button for next page

004 CLICKING ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
005 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:1First_Name

006 A SECOND CLICK ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
007 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:First_Name CONTENT=ONE

008 THERE ARE 10 ATTR=ID for First_Name & Last_Name

Using the imacros browser
VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, Using the iMacros Browser
Attachments
BARNES10.png
chivracq

Re: Click button when name does (or does not) appear

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:13 pm

dautor wrote:How do I tell iMacros to hit the next page button until a first name and last name match the one in a csv file?

I have included website image, background including testing data below, and version build.

My goal is to then to click on the element of the matching individual and hit a second 'BUTTON' (as displayed in image)
BARNES11.png
Background:
001 website contains a name (as in image) but no way to search for them other than manually going through an alphabetized list

Testing Using Automatic Mode
002 TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:ui-icon<SP>ui-icon-seek-end
003 RESULTS IN: clicking on button for next page

004 CLICKING ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
005 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=ID:1First_Name

006 A SECOND CLICK ON FIRST POSITION OF 'FIRST NAME'
007 GENERATES: TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:First_Name CONTENT=ONE

008 THERE ARE 10 ATTR=ID for First_Name & Last_Name

Using the imacros browser

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=12.0.501.6698, Using the iMacros Browser
Hum, sounds like an "interesting" Case, but your previous Thread (which sounds very similar/related to this current one) has been waiting for 1 year and 9 months for some Follow-up from your Side, which is usually a "Show-Killer" for me to help a User again, so I guess, I'll pass on this one... :shock:

>>>

Hum, and wondering what can be specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum if you are using iMB12...? :?
(Thread will probably get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum where it belongs..., but no need to duplicate now...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...