obfuscate imacro script

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

obfuscate imacro script

by techimac on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:53 am

Which software or online service you use to obfuscate iMacros js script?
techimac
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by thecoder2012 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:12 am

techimac wrote:Which software or online service you use to obfuscate iMacros js script?

You can use every good JavaScript Obfuscator Tool. But this is no protection.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me!
User avatar
thecoder2012
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 am
Location: Internet

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by techimac on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:25 am

How to protect?
techimac
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by thecoder2012 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:30 pm

techimac wrote:How to protect?

Not really possible with Javascript (and iMacros FF/CR).
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me!
User avatar
thecoder2012
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 am
Location: Internet

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by access2vivek on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:58 am

I use the following online service to obfuscate my products along with one other service. You can ward off non tech-savvy people from seeing your source code.
https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-onli ... scator.htm

However, the output from services like this can easily be defeat simply by replacing the "eval" statement with "alert" statement. It will show the entire code in plain text. It is however a way to stop your code from being stolen by anyone.

If you want to take it a step further, you can use what is known as "aaencode" and it does wonders. Many tech-savvy people are also unaware of it as it replaces the original code with Japanese characters and makes it impossible to read the code.
http://utf-8.jp/public/aaencode.html

But again, if someone is willing, they can get the original code by going here: https://cat-in-136.github.io/2010/12/aa ... ncode.html

After spending like a month on trying to obfuscate my code, I gave up since any obfuscation that is provided for free can be broken. A service named "JSScrambler" claims to obfuscate code which is extremely tough to crack. If you sign up for their service, do let me know :-)
access2vivek
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:00 am

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by thecoder2012 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:30 am

access2vivek wrote:After spending like a month on trying to obfuscate my code, I gave up since any obfuscation that is provided for free can be broken. A service named "JSScrambler" claims to obfuscate code which is extremely tough to crack. If you sign up for their service, do let me know :-)

It's always breakable but "JSScrambler" combined with "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" is not bad in my eyes but not tested.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me!
User avatar
thecoder2012
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 am
Location: Internet

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by access2vivek on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:46 am

thecoder2012 wrote:
access2vivek wrote:After spending like a month on trying to obfuscate my code, I gave up since any obfuscation that is provided for free can be broken. A service named "JSScrambler" claims to obfuscate code which is extremely tough to crack. If you sign up for their service, do let me know :-)

It's always breakable but "JSScrambler" combined with "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" is not bad in my eyes but not tested.


JSScrambler itself has ways to defend from being being easily breakable by adding trap codes and other things in the mix. However, both the "JSScrambler" and "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" are paid services and I like free stuff :-p! For that case, you can actually use the Aaencode which works pretty well to ward off at least even some good coders.

I am learning the core of JavaScript so that I can create my own obfuscator :p. How about we request the iMacros team to provide an Obfuscator? That will be a really cool feature I bet!
access2vivek
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:00 am

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by thecoder2012 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:00 am

access2vivek wrote:JSScrambler itself has ways to defend from being being easily breakable by adding trap codes and other things in the mix. However, both the "JSScrambler" and "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" are paid services and I like free stuff :-p! For that case, you can actually use the Aaencode which works pretty well to ward off at least even some good coders.

Good coders? Real coders in my eyes. :D
All free solutions are very easy (few seconds or minutes) in my eyes. Paid solutions few hours or days usually but I have only tested Perl-Obfus/Stunnix in the past.

access2vivek wrote:I am learning the core of JavaScript so that I can create my own obfuscator :p. How about we request the iMacros team to provide an Obfuscator? That will be a really cool feature I bet!

Good luck!
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me!
User avatar
thecoder2012
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 am
Location: Internet

Re: obfuscate imacro script

by techimac on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:02 am

techimac
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:27 pm


Return to General Support & Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

-->