Page 1 of 1

obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:53 am
by techimac
Which software or online service you use to obfuscate iMacros js script?

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:12 pm
by thecoder2012
techimac wrote:Which software or online service you use to obfuscate iMacros js script?
You can use every good JavaScript Obfuscator Tool. But this is no protection.

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:25 pm
by techimac
How to protect?

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:30 pm
by thecoder2012
techimac wrote:How to protect?
Not really possible with Javascript (and iMacros FF/CR).

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 pm
by access2vivek
I use the following online service to obfuscate my products along with one other service. You can ward off non tech-savvy people from seeing your source code.
https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-onli ... scator.htm

However, the output from services like this can easily be defeat simply by replacing the "eval" statement with "alert" statement. It will show the entire code in plain text. It is however a way to stop your code from being stolen by anyone.

If you want to take it a step further, you can use what is known as "aaencode" and it does wonders. Many tech-savvy people are also unaware of it as it replaces the original code with Japanese characters and makes it impossible to read the code.
http://utf-8.jp/public/aaencode.html

But again, if someone is willing, they can get the original code by going here: https://cat-in-136.github.io/2010/12/aa ... ncode.html

After spending like a month on trying to obfuscate my code, I gave up since any obfuscation that is provided for free can be broken. A service named "JSScrambler" claims to obfuscate code which is extremely tough to crack. If you sign up for their service, do let me know :-)

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm
by thecoder2012
access2vivek wrote:After spending like a month on trying to obfuscate my code, I gave up since any obfuscation that is provided for free can be broken. A service named "JSScrambler" claims to obfuscate code which is extremely tough to crack. If you sign up for their service, do let me know :-)
It's always breakable but "JSScrambler" combined with "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" is not bad in my eyes but not tested.

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 am
by access2vivek
thecoder2012 wrote:
access2vivek wrote:After spending like a month on trying to obfuscate my code, I gave up since any obfuscation that is provided for free can be broken. A service named "JSScrambler" claims to obfuscate code which is extremely tough to crack. If you sign up for their service, do let me know :-)
It's always breakable but "JSScrambler" combined with "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" is not bad in my eyes but not tested.
JSScrambler itself has ways to defend from being being easily breakable by adding trap codes and other things in the mix. However, both the "JSScrambler" and "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" are paid services and I like free stuff :-p! For that case, you can actually use the Aaencode which works pretty well to ward off at least even some good coders.

I am learning the core of JavaScript so that I can create my own obfuscator :p. How about we request the iMacros team to provide an Obfuscator? That will be a really cool feature I bet!

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 pm
by thecoder2012
access2vivek wrote:JSScrambler itself has ways to defend from being being easily breakable by adding trap codes and other things in the mix. However, both the "JSScrambler" and "JS-Obfus/Stunnix" are paid services and I like free stuff :-p! For that case, you can actually use the Aaencode which works pretty well to ward off at least even some good coders.
Good coders? Real coders in my eyes. :D
All free solutions are very easy (few seconds or minutes) in my eyes. Paid solutions few hours or days usually but I have only tested Perl-Obfus/Stunnix in the past.
access2vivek wrote:I am learning the core of JavaScript so that I can create my own obfuscator :p. How about we request the iMacros team to provide an Obfuscator? That will be a really cool feature I bet!
Good luck!

Re: obfuscate imacro script

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:02 am
by techimac